Chapter 6: Soma and Megumi vs. Shinomiya

"Totsuki's annex wasn't supposed to be used during the training camp...In the kitchen on its first basement, in here," We walked into the bare empty and dark kitchen that Dojima lead us into, "No one will disturb us here,"

When I pulled out my phone to check the time, I noticed that Dojima meant that no one would disturb us as my phone display showed that there was no cellular or Wifi signal. Slipping my phone back into my pocket, there was the sound of footsteps coming into the kitchen.

The four Totsuki alumni entered the room with Hinako tied to a chair, directing my attention to the door. Smiling and mentally laughing at the sight of Hinako getting stuck on a chair with a 'Just a spectator' sign. Figuring that I had to be out of the kitchen range for the cook-off, I grabbed a nearby chair and sat right next to Hinako.

"Wh-why are the alumni here?" Megumi asked nervously

"I had them come as judges, all except Inui since she would be a little too biased to judge," Dojima told Megumi.

"An unofficial Shokugeki...Moreover, a student vs an alumnus in the middle of the camp. Who knows what Chapelle sensei would think of this," Gotuda stated with a grin.

"He'll be outraged..." Sekimori said with his arms crossed.

"If we get caught, I'll run," Mizuhara said from her crouched state on the chair, "I'll blame Shinomiya too," She muttered the last part quietly.

"I heard you, Mizuhara!" Shinomiya shouted at her.

"Now, we'll start the 2-vs-1 match! These vegetables are the leftovers from today's assignments," Dojima said, motioning to the platter with leftover vegetables, "The theme will be a dish that utilizes it,"

I looked at Megumi, and she was nervously shaking. She was also nearly about to burst into tears from the pressure of the Shokugeki. It also seemed to me that she was concerned about the possibility that Soma might get expelled too. I let out a frown and hoped that Soma and Megumi would win.

"Now, I'll put this one condition on this battle. Tadakoro Megumi, you'll be the head chef and Yukihira, you'll be the sous chef," Dojima said and brought shock to Soma, Megumi and me, "Shokugeki, start!"

Megumi and Soma were confused about why Dojima made the blue-haired female the leading chef and the male the sous chef. However, Dojima had explained that Megumi had to do it herself because if Soma were the head chef, he would've saved Megumi again instead of doing her any better.

I wanted to say something but, Dojima was right about what he had said. Soon, Shinomiya was already prepared to make his dish. Just passing by Soma, Shinomiya tossed in an insult at him and Megumi.

"Did you hear that rude way of Shinomiya senpai speaking?" Hinako asks the two judges, standing up and free from the ropes that held her hostage.

"That's why you never last with women, Shinomiya san," Gotuda smiled in concern.

"Shinomiya, I think you have a nasty personality," Mizuhara agreed with the previous two statements.

"Shut it, outsiders!" Shinomiya shouted at the three, "Wait! Hinako, when did you escape...?!"

Ignoring Shinomiya, Hinako cheered out to Megumi, "Good luck, Megumi chan!!!"

"Good luck, Soma, Megumi!" I called out to the two partnered chefs.

"Shut up, both of you!" Shinomiya shouted at both Hinako and me.

When Shinomiya began preparing his dish but Megumi stood there, trembling with worry. She was shaking hard, and she was getting even more nervous.