Chapter 2- Was Nothing Like Before

I arrived about 45 minutes before the beginning of class. I was pondering last night on what school I should go to. Should I go to a hero school or normal school? I couldn't come up with an answer yesterday. I don't want to leave all my friends, but I also want to be a hero. Every kid in my school prayed to have a quirk, even if it wasn't very big, and I was blessed to have one, so what should I do with it?

   I wonder what school Todoroki Shoto would go to? Who am I kidding, he's obviously going to UA High. I looked down to my phone screen, seeing I had about 39 minutes until class starts. Looking up to the board I saw "High School" in the beautiful cursive handwriting Mrs. Watanabe had. Seeing black in my peripheral vision I looked down to my arm. I pulled my phone from the pocket in my bag and put the Boys number in my phone.

   I decided to tell him hi and let him know who I am. Mrs. Watanabe walked in the class, looking at me as I attempted to write out a coherent sentence to the young boy. I pulled one of the chocolate milks from the compartment in my bag and  handed it to the teacher. I pulled my own out and pulled at the lid. Hearing the satisfying click I pulled the drink to my lips. The cold taste of the liquid chocolate going down my throat made me remember the matter at hand. I picked my phone up once again and began typing to the duel haired boy.

   "Hi, I'm (Y/L/N) (Y/N). I'm going to assume this is Todoroki Shotos' phone number." I typed. I pressed the send button and sat my phone down. Taking a long look at the board and thinking about which school I want to go to. Which school would even accept me? I put my head down on the desk, and thought of this question over and over again. I pulled my head up when I realized the class was becoming quite rowdy. Elli was seated right next to me, talking to someone behind her. Haru was seated in the back of the classroom with some of our other friends, and Jazz, a girl who sits next to me, was talking to several of her friends about a date she was planning on this weekend.

   Pulling my phone to my body to check it, seeing a text from Todoroki. He replied, "Hi (Y/L/N), yes, this is my number." A smirk pulled on my lips, and Elli saw the small movement.

   "Who are you talking to?" She asked. I sat my phone down and looked in her direction. "Someone I met at the convenience store. He just wanted to ask something." I replied and put my phone in the pocket of my backpack. She was about to reply, but right before she could Mrs. Watanabe walked to the front of the board. Once she reached for her chalk the entire class was silent. She told us about how we would stand in front of the class and tell everyone what school we wanted to get in to. She would write a letter to the academy and we would take the entrance exam a month or two before the next school year. She was going from the back of the class to the front, so I would be one of the last students to go.

   As the students started to go up I could tell the pattern they all had. They were going to the schools that were the easiest to get into. Once she reached the row directly behind me I began to worry. My breathing was heavy and my entire body was shaking. I watched as Elli walked up and said her school of choice, a non-quirk based school, and sat back down. I stood from my chair, my legs shaking and my skirt moving do to the action. I had a flash back of every moment leading up to this. People say they see their life flash before their eyes when they're about to die, and now I understand that. The flashes of yesterday were going through my mind, and I hadn't even reached the front of the class yet. I composed myself and walked the rest of the way to the board.

   Shakingly, I said, "I want to go to UA high school." The class was visibly shocked, and Mrs. Watanabe seemed to think I was joking. That was until I quickly ran back to my seat. Once the last few people went up the class was done, and I quickly ran from my seat. Heading to my next class I told the teacher I had to use the rest room, and that I would be in class in a few minutes. He told me it was fine to go, and I immediately ran to the closest stall. A warm salty liquid dropped from my eyes. Did I make the wrong decision?

I wiped the tears from my face and washed my hands. I looked into the mirror, and saw just how disheveled I looked. My eyes were red and my hair was beginning to fall out of my space buns. I walked to class slowly and opened the door. The entire class looked at me, some of them surprised to see me in such a weak and vulnerable state. I sat myself in my seat and sat my phone on the chocolate milk I was still drinking from. I pulled up the camera app and began to fix the buns, and fix any makeup I might have done. People were trying to talk to me, but I just wanted to be left alone. I didn't want anyone to talk to me. I pulled my phone out and replied to Todoroki. "Ok, glad it wasn't just some random number. Sorry if I'm disturbing you during any classes." I sat my phone to the side of my body.

Since we had no work the other kids were talking and joking with their friends. I put my music on and laid back in my chair. Putting the earbuds in I could hear a buzz. I picked my phone up and saw a reply. "It's fine, I was let out of school a few days ago." A smile pulled on my face and I could feel the blush on my cheeks. Elli saw my state and immediately pulled my earbuds out. She pulled me to the hall and started asking me questions.

   "Why are you even trying to go to UA? You don't even have a quirk, they're never going to let you in." Her words struck me like a bus. From her words it seems as if she had a malice intent, but her tone told me a different story. She was worried. She didn't want my heart to break. She cared about me enough to tell me it straight. I guess I should tell her.

   "I have a quirk." I said quietly. Her eyes widened in shock and her body went slack.

   "Why didn't you tell me?" She asked. Her voice was raised and she sounded hurt. "How long have you known?" I looked at her with caution.

   "I found out yesterday. My parents told me." I told her in a hushed voice. I picked my self up, not letting her talk, and opened the door, pulling my seat out and put my earbuds back in. Placing my head on the desk and trying to fall asleep. This entire thing is a head ache. The warm darkness never pulled me in though. The class bell rang, indicating that it was time for lunch. I pulled myself out of my seat and walked to the lunchroom. I sat in the same seat as normal, watching as my friends walked into the room. Grabbing my bento out of my bag and watched Elli walk over.

"Hey (Y/N)", Elli said in a apologetic voice " can you show me your quirk? You don't have to, but I just want to see it."

"Umm... I can do that." I replied and pulled my hands up and closed my eyes. "Don't get to close. I don't want to hurt you." Feeling the warm fire on my right side and the cool ice on my left. I slowly opened my eyes and the entire room was staring at me. I made the fire flicker from my hands and redacted my ice. Elli was freaking out and jumping up and down.

"That's amazing!!! With a quirk like that you will definitely make it in to UA." She sat down next to me and the rest of the grade stared in amazement. I chuckled under my breath. I began eating my bento and watch the rest of my friends walk over to our table.

"Can you do that again?" Elli asked. I lit my hand on fire and looked her in the eyes. "Ya, of course I can." I said. Her eyes lit up and she grabbed my hand. I pulled it back when I heard her make a torturous cry. In a panic I grabbed her hand with my left and froze the area of the burn. I started spewing apologies and pulled her into a hug. She smiled through the water that glistened in her eyes and told me she was fine.

   The lunch bell rang and I began putting what was left in my lunch in my bag. I stood, grabbing my backpack on the way, and began walking to science. Science isn't my strong suit in the least bit, that's why I'm so glad we won't be doing much for the next week. I have one class after this, History, and then I get to go home. Once I get home I plan to train my quirk until I learn how to completely control it.

My life now is nothing like before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys, it's been a while. I'm sorry, I've just been really stressed, and I just started high school. I've had this chapter done for a while, I just forgot to post it. Sorry, and I love you guys🥰🥰🥰