O N E

~Illumis POV~
I heard a light, but firm knock on my door, indicating someone was there. I called out a curt "come in", and not long after the door opened to reveal Gotoh. I stared blankly at him as he explained that there was mail for me, 'I never get mail, so why would I get a personal letter now?' I asked myself, before out-stretching my arm to take the letter.

"What's it about?" I asked, rather curious on the inside while still holding the blank tone I would normally. "Work." I felt the curiosity slip away from me at those words, which confirmed that the letter would be nothing interesting. "Okay, thank you." I nodded towards Gotoh, to which he easily took that as a cue to leave.

As he walked away I turned back around in my desk chair, facing the book in front of me. The book in question was to help concrete my manipulation skills in areas other than my nen. There was a lot of information about the human body language and how ones reaction was to determine how you would need to reply. It was quite shocking that regular people could give so much away in such a short amount of time.

After hours of reading books left to right, as well as flipping between a few other tiny ones that held further detail on a certain part of the manipulation process that I needed further explanation in, i finally wished to return to my bedroom so I could get some sleep.

It wasn't that I necessarily needed to sleep, quite to contrary, but my mother told me that if I wanted to learn more about the regular human body I should start exhibiting habits that the regular human body had, and one of those habits included sleeping early and waking up early.

As I stood up, the letter from hours earlier caught my attention, as it easily stood out among the books scattered around the place. I picked it up and re-opened the envelope, then took the neatly-handwritten note out before skimming through it in my head.

There was a few phrases that caught my eyes. 'assassinate' 'multi-million' 'bounty hunter' and '(Y/n), (L/n)' were a few of the many words I took note of. Not long after having these words jump out at me I sat the letter down, deciding I would ask my father if I should accept the job or not the next morning.