T W O

~Readers POV~
I walked through my front door with a long sigh, my recent mission gave me a shit load of money, but the hell I had to go through to catch the guy was too real. I was tempted to just slide down my apartment door and sleep on the floor, but that would only make my already sore muscles even worse, not to mention I had to patch up the wounds I acquired.

So, begrudgingly, I limped my way from the front door to the shower. I stripped myself of all my bloody and dirty clothes, happily jumping in the shower. It felt like I hadn't bathed in years as the water rushed down my body, occasionally causing a stinging sensation as it hit some cuts.

After showering I stood there, letting the water run down my body for a few minutes before I heard my phone ringing. Sadly, I had to step out of the shower and grab two towels. A full body towel and a smaller one for my hair. After wrapping myself in the towel I picked up my phone and answered it, not caring to look at the caller ID as I started to dry my hair.

"Yes, black list hunter (Y/n) (L/n) speaking." I stated, thinking it was a new client. But the voice on the opposite end of the phone somehow made my current exhausted mood even worse. "Why dear, no need to be so formal~." The scowl on my face was very present, although the red haired male couldn't see it.

"What do you want Hisoka? If it's a fight then im afraid I can't do that right now." I stated, only earning a chuckle. "You wish that was why I was calling, but I'm afraid I would also like to reschedule that call~." I once more asked Hisoka what he wanted, causing him to turn more serious, something I didn't know was possible.

"Someone hired an assassin to kill you." At this point in time I finished towel drying my hair and was working on my body. "Pftt, and you're worried that the person is actually going to get me? Hisoka, I could have sworn you thought highly of me."

"This is serious. It's someone from the Zoldyck family." My playful and teasing facade disappeared rather quickly at his words. "And how do you know this?" I asked, walking out of the bathroom to get dressed. "I guess you could say I have connections, I know one of them personally." I hummed, a small moment of silence taking over before I spoke up. "Any other information you can give me?" I asked. Now it was Hisoka's turn to be silent and genuinely think if he can say anything.

"Well, as far as I'm aware, another black list hunter asked my friend to kill you for a large amount of money. I told him not to mess with you because, well we both know you're my toy~
But apparently his father said because it was such a large amount of money he had to do the job." An irk mark appeared on my forehead at Hisokas words.

"First off, I'm not your toy." I started, walking out of my room in my pajamas before getting myself a cup of tea. "Second, can you describe how he looks? Maybe give me a name?" Hisoka hummed, his teasing tone back. "I don't know if I can give a name, but you should watch out for a male with long black hair and black eyes.. or a male with pins sticking out from anywhere on his person~." I nodded my head as I sipped my tea.

"Care to tell me a few of his abilities?" At my words Hisoka chuckled. "Of course I can't do that, what would the fun be~" I sighed, obviously I couldn't get anything out of the red haired male. 'Maybe I'll go on the hunter website before I leave..' I thought to myself, before Hisoka's voice interrupted my thoughts. "Just be very careful, and don't let his needles touch you~ I can't have you dying just yet my-~"

"Don't you dare call me "your unripped fruit"!" I yelled into the phone, causing Hisoka to laugh. I gave out a sigh before exchanging goodbyes with Hisoka, then ended the phone call and sipped my tea, thinking about my next moves.

The most logical thing would be to drop everything and go off the grid until the unknown male stopped trying to chase me. Before that I need to go to a public library or something so I can go on the hunter website..