Chapter 3

The match between Date Tech and Karasuno ended in an overwhelming victory for Date Tech. Karasuno lost and went home feeling miserable.

When everybody finished cleaning up, they began to get ready to go home. Kiyoko already left and Izumi was left along with most of the club members. She was washing the jerseys and had left them out to dry. She was just now beginning to pack up to head home.

Right when she was about to leave the gym building, she heard shouting.

"Why didn't you call for the ball in the end. You were in the perfect position."

Izumi followed the voice until she saw Sugawara, Daichi, and Tanaka staring into the supply room.

What's going on? She thought to herself.

She got closer and saw that Nishinoya and Asahi were facing each other in the room. There was tension in the air.

"Calm down Nishinoya!" Sugawara said to him, "It's my fault for setting him too many balls-"

"Even if you did set them to me, I couldn't make them count anyway," Asahi muttered.

Nishinoya's eyes widened in anger and he grabbed Asahi by the collar shouting.

"You never know until you hit the damn thing! You know that!" he shouted, "The next spike may be the one that breaks through."

As he was yelling he pushed Asahi backwards more and more until Asahi stepped on a broom that shattered into many splinters.

"Don't you dare give up on a ball that I keep in play!" he yelled, still holding onto his collar.

At this point, Tanaka grabbed Noya's arms and held him back but he wouldn't stop shouting.

"I'M THE LIBERO! I'm the last defense! The team needs me! But..." his voice turned soft, "I can't score us points. I can't attack either so I don't care how many spikes don't get through. I would never blame you for that."

Asahi stayed silent.

"But," Nishinoya began, "If you quit, I will never forgive you."

Asahi looked away angrily before storming out of the gym.

Nobody in the building said a single word. After cleaning up the gym, the group all left to go home and Izumi locked the doors.

~Couple Days Later~

The tension from the other day still lingered in the air. Ever since the argument, Asahi hasn't been coming to practices recently.

Izumi was currently walking down the hallways of the third year building to give some papers to Takeda-sensei.

"ASAHI-SAN!"

Izumi turned around and saw Nishinoya who was yelling at Asahi who was walking away.

The vice principal had just warned him to quiet down and Izumi walked up to him to try to calm him down. When she was next to him she saw that his shoulders were shaking with rage.

"Nishinoya-san," she said softly while placing her hand on his shoulder, "You should calm down. We're in school right now and the vice principal might-"

Before she could complete her sentence, Nishinoya ripped her hand off his shoulder yelling.

"Don't touch me!" he shouted.

She the force of his hand pushed her into the pedestal that held a vase. The loud shattering sound of the vase echoed through the now silent all. From her position on the ground, Izumi looked down at her hands that were on top of the glass shards. Lifting up her hands she saw streams of blood flowing from the cuts in her hand down her wrist.