Chapter 4

It had been many months since the day Izumi was pulled out of Karasuno High School. Her mother deleted all of her contacts from the Karasuno Volleyball club so she hasn't talked to any of them. She also had been avoiding Kageyama ever since the incident in Karasuno. She didn't want to worry him with her troubles and decided it was best if he spent these last few months of middle school preparing for high school.

She had been homeschooled when she left Karasuno. Apparently, Seijoh doesn't accept any new students so late in the year, so she had to study at home until the new school year began.

Today was the first day of school for Izumi as a second year in Aoba Johsai. She didn't feel much excitement. Neither did she feel any dread. She just didn't care. She wished she could go back to Karasuno where all of her old friends were, but there was nothing she could do.

As much as she wanted to see them all, a part of her wanted to stay away from them. She didn't contact them for months and thought that they probably lived their lives on. She didn't want to intrude and make a sudden appearance.

"Izumi," her mother called from the kitchen, "hurry and eat your breakfast, or you'll be late for school."

Izumi quietly entered the kitchen and ate her breakfast in silence. After breaking composure during her argument with her mother, she reverted back to her silent self. Maybe even more so than before.

After she finished her meal she walked towards the door and called out to her mother before she left.

"I'm going now Mom!" she called before closing the door behind her and heading to her school.

The school wasn't too far from her home. It was only a 10 minute walk.

When she came in front of the school building she paused before walking into its gates. The moment she passes these gates, she would break all ties with Karasuno. She would no longer be a former student of Karasuno high or the manager of the boy's volleyball team. She would be a student of Aoba Johsai High School.

After taking a couple of deep breaths, she walked in starting a new journey.

The school looked very nice. Izumi was currently walking down the hallway, looking for her classroom. Everything seemed quite nice and peaceful until.

"LOOK! IT'S OIKAWA!"

Suddenly there was a surge of girls running down the hall. Izumi was almost trampled had it not been for a hand that grabbed her arm and pulled her out of the way. The girls all seemed to be surrounding someone, but she couldn't see who it was.

"Hey, you okay?" a voice said from behind her.

She turned around and nodded.

She looked up at her saviors face and squinted in recognition.

"Iwaizumi?" she said curiously.

"The one and only," he said with a grin, "But, what are you doing here? I thought you went to Karasuno."

"I transferred," she said simply.

Iwaizumi looked her in the eye and knew that there was more to the story, but he decided not to pry her.

"How do you like the new school? I see you have been introduced to the fan club," he said cheerfully.

"Fan club?" she said dubiously.

Iwaizumi nodded and a look of annoyance spreaded across his face.

"Yeah, for some reason almost all of the girls have a thing for Shittykawa," he grumbled, "They come to all of our volleyball practices too and sometimes they get super annoying. Are you planning to join the volleyball team again?"