Stuck X In X The X Marshes

Cain sulked, "Wait... so this is still the first phase?", the idea of more running made his aching legs wobble.

Let's just hope that the next phase could cut me some slack... urgh.

Satotz had started explaining something about the marshes that they were going to venture through as part of the first phase but they were rudely interrupted by a rather loud man with horribly torn clothes.

"Don't let them fool you!" The man said, pointing accusingly at the lavender haired man. "He isn't the examiner, I am the real examiner!"

Satotz cooly glowered at the interrupter as the man presented the seemingly dead corpse of the Man Faced Ape.

Cain was getting annoyed, he didn't have time to waste his energy to watch a monkey babble on about some fake lies. It seemed like Hisoka had too, as three poker cards had sliced through the air and punctured the impostor. Satotz, being the real examiner, snatched the cards before it could make fatal contact with him.

"Any hunter would have been able to block that attack." Hisoka said, staring straight at the examiner.

"However, should you attack me again for any reason, I will report you for turning on an examiner. And you will be immediately disqualified." Satotz calmly stated, going back over the dangers of the Swindler's Swamp, warning everyone to stay close to him.

Shouldn't be that hard, right?

Cain was wrong. He got lost, well, he was at least somewhere close to the finishing point. The mist was as thick as ever, and the only sounds could be heard were the pained screams of the ones who fell victim to the marshes' tricks. The male let out a string of unfiltered curses, of course he was going to be lost at like the last few minutes. Every direction looked the same, with towering green trees that smelled a bit off.

"So we've finally gotten this rat away from his babysitter." A small group of large sweaty men approached him, some carrying weapons.

This wasn't looking good, even though Cain knew the power he had over those measly amateurs, but the sounds they're making could easily attract the annoying beasts of the marshes, and that would be more things to deal with. Plus, he had wanted to play a game with those weak fools who had been eyeing him down for the past few hours like fresh meat.

"Hmm... ya don't look like a hunter eh? How about comin' with us for a better job." The man who slammed him on a tree said, the rest cackling their stupid faces away.

Cain was quite insecure about his appearance, as people like to say, 'feminine' face, he liked what he saw in the reflection each day, but mockery didn't go well with his brittle ego.

It was a major turn-off.

"Better job huh?"

"I wouldn't have fucking came here if I knew of a better job."

He kicked the man off him as easily as swatting a fly, the rest idiotically stared at him, watching the scowling contestant.

"It would be rather offensive to compare me to those prostitutes, wouldn't it." Cain stamped his heel onto the man's face, pressing him down into the wet mud.

"Well, I should better take it as a compliment, your face won't ever match up to even the lowest of all beauties there." And with a stamp, the man was gone.

"Oh dear, this little pomeranian isn't all bark. " A gentle voice Cain had never heard before droned behind him.

"I hope you're not lost, because we'll be having a chat right here."

---

sorry about the late update!! i was caught up in school stuff but i'm glad that y'all like this :D