Being X Dragged X Arounf

"I'm not that short you know?" Illumi's thin hands passed smoothly through Cain's curled locks. The taller stared blankly at the boy, "But I look down at you, therefore your height is short."

Cain puffed, "But that does not mean that I am short as an overall statement."

*silence*

This Illumi guy, Cain felt his blood boil at the nonchalant man who was probably plotting to exploit him in his head. He only wanted Gittarackur, but fate gave him an emotionless bastard who has an annoyingly obvious superiority complex. The pinheaded man may not have looked as outwardly beautiful as Illumi, he did harbour a kind soul, unlike the uppity sharp attitude of the other.
Where is that giant tank engine when you need him

The ship was quiet, light buzzes of the engine and occasional footsteps of wanderers curious of the interior of the large vehicle. Illumi had been dragging Cain about the vehicle for the past few hours, droning on about something to do with his little brother. He rolled his eyes at Illumi's obsession for his younger brother, and felt sorry for the boy of the subject. Although Cain loved and found a little bit of familial obsession endearing, Illumi's was a tad bit overboard.

The night gradually faded with Illumi unconsciously trailing after Cain, blabbering about his favourite brother, and Cain finding his gently arrogant voice rather comforting at the end. When the airship arrived at what was announced as the 'Trick Tower', Illumi was replaced with Cain's target of search; Gittarackur, who had disappeared from sight on the ship.

The Trick Tower was full of mysteries, the surface was flat, not allowing entry, but on occasion the tiles sounded hollow, leading suspicions of traps or secret rooms. Cain, of course, experienced it first hand when he fell down a moving tile, into a dark room with two wristbands and a television screen. He scanned the typed words on the screen before hearing a delicate 'thud' behind him.

Gittarackur, in all his honour, stared at the instructions and started to take the needles out of his face, which contorted into the cat-like face of Illumi. "I guess I won't need this anymore." Pocketing his pins, the tall man stretched whilst the younger gaped at his figure.

"Hush, save the talk for later, I want to go down and have our chat there."

Fuck did I really back then.. damn

Cain sighed before following Illumi through the opened door, into another dark room but now with two screens.
Decide:

Spend 6 hours fighting (penalty time not included)

or

Spend 7 hours in a room handcuffed to your partner.

"I mean, how strong will our opponents be? The most they can do is take out some death row criminals and bribe them, I bet they can't use nen." Cain muttered to the other, who nodded but was hesitant, "They never mentioned who we were fighting though, it may be amongst ourselves."

The blonde's gut dropped, he was never good with trick questions. If he ever fought against that guy, he may return alive but definitely not mentally sufficient enough to go on his days. Illumi had power and manipulation under those pins of his, Cain knew it.

"I hope you don't mind hearing some gossip, I'm pretty good at obtaining those." He pressed the other option on the wristband, Illumi watching him with a hawk-like gaze. The black haired man later submitted and pressed the same option, something within him just wouldn't imagine causing harm to the snarky young man.

The duo were escorted into a white room with a single bed, some books gathering dust, and a small but clean bathroom. Their wristbands had produced a chain that was studier and more flexible than most metals, as it was a creation from (what Cain had concluded) a mixture between nen and a special mineral.

"What were the intel you had gathered? Since we are together for the next few hours, we better put our differences aside and get acquainted with each other." Illumi spoke, gentle voice harmonising with the silence in the room.

"Well, there were two boys on our ship that were allegedly seen training with the president, one also caught killing a passenger, but don't tell anyone I told you this."

Illumi raised his eyebrows, staring down at Cain with newfound interest and curiosity.

"Did one of them happen to have the name of.. Killua Zoldyck?"

He nodded, awkwardly turning his head to focus on the timer shown on a television screen positioned a little too high for watching in a comfortable neck position.

"Ah man, that child happened to be of my kin, my little brother."

--

A/N

Sorry about not uploading for so long, I was struggling with writer's block -_-;;
i havent checked wattpad in ages and OH GOD SWEET MOTHER THANK YOU GUYS FOR SO MUCH READS ;DDD

I originally made this to quenched my inner desire for more relationship-wise illumi mlm fics, it was a lovely surprise when I saw so much people reading this fkdnkfnskd

once again, thank you so much for the support, votes, and reads ❤️❤️❤️