Killua X Is X Scary

"I thought everyone here was a lost cause." The boy with glossy white hair that is too clean for such a messed environment said, his cat-like eyes gazing over Cain's. "But maybe I was wrong." He looked at his fingers emptily as if they were a weapon, Cain found these types of people terrifying, there weren't many of them but he definitely knew of more of them ever since he came to the exams.

"So what did you want to say, I'm not hanging around with some random stranger to talk about skills." Cain cautiously replied, cold sweat beading up at the back of his neck, ugh, people were never his thing. Especially nit-picky prepubescent children who are more mature than he would ever become. The boy smirked wryly, giving him the look of something more sinister than what he would ever assume such a child would be.

"I've got to be going, directions don't like me so I've got to hurry to find the exit."

"Aww I was hoping you would tell me something! I knew the way out as well..." Cain's ears perked up at the mention of even one person knowing the way out, "I'd answer anything just get me the fuck out of here." He blurted, the boy chuckled at his response, but carried on.

"Tell me who your parents are."

"Um kid I believe that's too personal - I don't even know your name-"

"Killua Zoldyck, what else do you want to know, my family lineage? Weight? Address?"

"No, no. That's fine." The blond sighed at the meticulous young child in front of him, "Lead me out first, who knows if you would desert me to be killed here after knowing." Killua hesitantly agreed in the compromise that Cain will spill his past during the walk towards the exit.

Cain didn't tell Killua much, it still hurt as much as it did when he witnessed it. He told Killua his parents were killed by bandits, and his last name, which he requested Killua to refer to it as "Aleire" instead of "Reesvalt" as he had changed it, and wanted to leave his past behind. Cain lied only once, told him that he received the surname Aleire after getting adopted when he ran to an orphanage.

It was a big fat lie that was going to rot him in the future, Cain had adopted his family name to fit his master, Lachlan Aleire, who treated him like his own son. Lachlan didn't live to see Cain emotionally develop, but he entrusted his surname to the boy, which brought Cain peace as a reminder to live up to his master's expectations.

Surprisingly, Killua was quiet, didn't ask many questions and wasn't the nosiest of all nosy people. Killua was mature in everything he did, even the way he spoke, which he phrased his words carefully like a businessman, void of true emotion and mistakes.

"So you're descended from the Kurta clan, right?"

Cain paused at Killua's inquiry, before nodding coldly.

"It's not your business whether I am related to the Kurta clan or not. Right now I proudly stand as the last member of the Reesvalt family and the one to carry out the legacy of the Aleire family."

Time passed quickly as the two continued to throw business-like jabs at each other, they had reached the destination faster than Cain had imagined. Gittarackur, of course, had already reached due to his inhumane abilities, but Hisoka was nowhere in sight. The boy just waved it off as a slip up, though he couldn't imagine the mysterious flirtatious man failing at anything.

"You should have stayed next to me." Gittarackur barked, gazing over the mild scratches that littered Cain's body. "I won't allow any living thing to harm you."  his gaze glared down at him somehow condescendingly, Cain felt like a hamster in a fox's den.

He should probably get used to that sensation, after all, he is friends with an assassin.

A/N

Sorry guys for the extremely late update! I'm not dead nor am I discontinuing this but it is getting close to the end of the school year and at the beginning of next term I have my school yearly exams. Thank you guys for being so patient with me :)