✨Chapter ٣✨

"I'm looking at the stars
And thinking I wish I could fly with them
Grab a swisher, tuck and roll
Huff it in my lungs and nose
Keep on puffing up the smoke
And watch as all my problems blow"
-SadBoyProlific

"I'm looking at the starsAnd thinking I wish I could fly with themGrab a swisher, tuck and rollHuff it in my lungs and noseKeep on puffing up the smoke And watch as all my problems blow"-SadBoyProlific

I let out a mocking laugh,

Seriously?

Great now I'm stuck between two mafias trying to kill the other. 

Blake arches an eyebrow at me expectantly.  "And why would you want America's top deadliest psycho dead ?  You are in need to cogitate Blake, it's not entirely easy to kill or try to hire somebody to kill someone of his statue." I conquer.  

I watch him take a deep breath, his pale eyes now showing  true torment caused by my presence but aimed towards himself.  His obvious struggle of hiding his emotions amused me,  Blake wasn't like other mafia bosses.  He was, is, good.

As good as a mafia boss could be anyways.

I knew Blake had some darkness in him but somehow he managed to keep it in and let his presence shine nothing but light as bright as his soulful eyes.  Sad how someone like him could be mixed in such cruel lifestyle.

I felt a striking bitter pain in my chest as I stared at him, sharp numbing pain.  What have we come to?

"I know Serena but I need him gone.  I'm sure you are aware of the weapon both my and his family created years ago. We both have the needed parts to activate the weapon. I have the bullets he has the guns, both are useless without the other."  He rubs the back of neck nervously, "Recently, somebody has been trying to attacking two of my most powerful warehouses, both in search of the bullets.  Neither attacks succeeded and we were never able to catch them."

I turn away from him in hopes to swallow my anger in silence.  I failed.  "You want me to fucking assassinate him.  That's why you're here!" I snapped, un-fucking-believable.  I almost laugh at the irony.  I reer back to face him, "You think he has a hidden agenda, right?  That- that he wants to activate the weapon and kill you?  Ruin the world on his way too?"

"He's threatening Lola, Serena!  My fucking sister, you're fucking friend!  She was attacked and almost killed in a car ambush.  We caught the driver and he admitted to be working for Xavier Blade.  Quit with the mockery, quit the talk down.  I fucked up, yes, but this isn't about this.  It's so much bigger than playing dead."  He sneered, getting up on my face.  His fists clenched and his arms flexed his veins.  He was angry, boiling. 

But so was I.

He was right, this wasn't about us, but how the fuck am I expected to react when the person who tore my heart was now dangling it in front of me.  He was dead.  He isn't supposed to be inches away from me, I'm not supposed to feel his angry breath on my skin.  

I clench my jaw and avoid his angry stare, "You shouldn't have let me find out like this."

His anger vanishes at the slight vulnerability in my tone.  He reaches for my check out of reflex but I turn my face away and his hand drops.