"10 Godforsaken Hours"

F O U R

Saturday morning arrives earlier than i anticipated. I stalled packing until this morning even though i had everything ready.

Everything except something small for the girls, i'd hate to go empty-handed.

I contemplate on either buying them something from the Duty Free or driving down to the mall.

I'm staring at my window intensely as i sip my coffee, feet propped up on the coffee table and hoodie sleeves rolled up when my phone buzzes repeatedly beside me.

I look down to see who it is, Hunter's ID flashes across the screen, i swipe and hold the phone up to my ear.

"Good morning, Gorgeous." He answers sweetly, i can already picture his dimple smile and pearly whites grinning down at me and it sets a warm feeling over me. I smile even though he can't see me "Morning" i take a sip from my mug.

"So i was wondering if... you wanted me to drive you to the airport today?" My brows shoot up, his offer taking me by surprise. "Uh- um- y-yeah! Sure, why not" I reply, genuinely.

"Okay, good. Can you also open the door i've kind of been standing out here for 10 minutes wondering if i should ring your doorbell or not" He laughs sheepishly, but my jaw is on the floor.

I slam my mug on table, not surprised i may have cracked either the wood or the mug. I look down at my attire; plain black shorts and...

Nathan's black hoodie.

Having no time to change i run a hand through my messy bed hair before swinging the door open with a welcoming smile.

A welcoming smile that definitely makes me look like a freak.

Hunter gives me a strange look "You okay, why the weird face?" He half laughs half coughs. I drop the look and just put on a simple smile "good morning, please come in" I step aside, he walks in, dropping the white paper bag on the counter.

I shut the door and lean against it. "I bought us breakfast, i hope you haven't already eaten" He smiles as he pulls take away boxes out of the bag.

I grin, like a creep from ear to ear. "No i haven't. You didn't have to, but thank you" 

Just as i sit on a stool opposite Hunter, my phone dings repeatedly with incoming texts. I glance down at it to see who's so eager to get my attention, realizing its Monica i pick my phone up and open her texts.

Sis i have news. Like huge news.
10:13 am

So huge it shocking, half of London shook. 10:13 am.

Seriously?? Where are you???
10:13 am

ANASTASIA LANA BLACK!!
10:14 am

ANNA!!!!!!!!!
10:14 am

I roll my eyes "impatient little imp" I mumble, typing a quick text.

I'm busy, whatever it is tell me tomorrow.
10:14 am.

I put my phone down and begin eating. "So what's your deal with London? Most people would be excited to go" Hunter asks, sipping his coffee. I sigh, chewing the piece of waffle before answering "something... unpleasant happened there and i just feel unsafe there"

There you go again with the lies!

Hunter nods, chewing his food quietly.