I'd End the World For You

"Wahaha! The fate of the world is within my grasp! How does it feel now, heroes?"

The villain cackled maniacally as the magic orb swirled in his hand, streaks of light escaping as the magic's force crackled through the air. 

"Villain, unhand that orb at once!" 

The hope of humanity cried out in anger.

"Never! Not unless you give me the Saintess..." The villain scowled fiercely. With a sweep of his hand, hundreds of soldiers fell to their deaths from climbing his castle walls. The heroic knight below was steaming in frustration. It seems there was no hope for humanity after all. This fortress of his seems impenetrable. Just as the knight, symbol of hope, began to despair, so did the villain. 

They're willing to die together?! I don't really want to destroy the world, though! I just want to be together with her....

The villain's eyebrows furrowed and the pressure around his castle became more intense, causing several horses to kneel and throw off their riders. He sneered, "If you all want to die, I shall grant you-"

"Hold it right there!" A neigh broke out as the Crown Prince of the Elven tribe pulled upon his reins. "Here is the Saintess."

He tossed a body full of wounds towards the ominous castle, and instantly, the pressure surrounding it vaporized. The villain materialized beside the Saintess and picked her up carefully, disappearing and re-emerging at the top of the walls as before. He quickly healed her and used half his life force to utilize the magic orb, directing its energy into healing her. The knight was confused, the troops awaited with bated breath while the Elven prince smirked to the side. 

The Saintess shone with a glow as she recovered. Her golden eyes fluttered open and she gasped upon casting her sight on the villain. He smiled, a grotesque curve twisting his face as he held his beloved.  He also opened his mouth to speak, but was stopped by a hand through his chest.

"HURK! Urgh...ahhh.." the villain hissed in pain as blood streamed down his mouth. His eyes narrowed and sparked dangerously.

"Saintess!" The soldiers shouted in fear for their holy representative. 

The Saintess stood up in front of the mass and smiled softly. The dawn's rays cast a beautiful halo above her, and no one questioned her cleaning the dark red liquid staining her dainty fingers.  As she waved down with upturned eyes, the Saintess felt a pull on her robes. 

"Why.... I did everything you wanted...."

Her crystal eyes seemed to mock him, and he felt as though he was doused in freezing water when her voice full of mirth sounded beside his ear.

"Not everything... now I want you to die. That would make me happiest."

The grip on her robes loosened.

To the people below, it seemed as though the Saintess had forgiven the one who just forced her and even prayed for the anguished soul that was the villain. No one saw the foot that pushed him off the wall. Jubilant as they were, the troops cheered seeing the horrendous villain fall to his death. The Elven prince snickered, "Idiot most likely used up all his life force for the cunning fox." The knight commander was confused all this while, but when he heard this, his eyes widened. 

The hero saw the villain move his lips and close his eyes.

'I'd end the world for you, my love. But I can't go alone.'

"Wait-"

For a moment, time stood still. Then, a blinding light accompanied the world's collapse.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A/N: Hey there, Cin here. I was gonna go eat dinner when I was suddenly struck with an idea and just poured this out. I'm hungry now. Oh, anyways, the idea was supposed to be a funny story like villain has lame reason for taking over the world and is belittled by heroes for his motive(s) but actually to him it is so much more significant. But then it didn't feel right to make it funny so I turned it into something I'm good at: angst. Lol, hope you enjoyed haha. Been awhile since I wrote here ;-;