4:

"If only the clockworks could speak
I wouldn't be so alone
We burn every magnet and spring
And spiral into the unknownSomebody shine a light
I'm frozen by the fear in me
Somebody make me feel alive
And shatter me
So cut me from the line
Dizzy, spinning endlessly
Somebody make me feel alive
And shatter me!"
~Lindsey Stirling, Shatter me 

-

-

-

Lena:

"Lena? Are you in here?"

"Oh, hey Vi,"Lena greeted. "I was just unpacking some more stuff. What's up?"

Violet sat on the bed next to Lena, sighing as if she were nervous. "I've been thinking, and it's come to my attention that I'm not being very sympathetic to your current situation."

"What?" Lena asked.

"I mean, I haven't shown you much empathy or support. I'm your sister now. I'm supposed to help you."

"You don't have to do anything, Vi, I was the one who was rude." She rubbed her arm anxiously as she struggled to keep eye contact.

"No, Lena..." Violet held her new sister's hand. "The last thing I want is for you to feel like you have to suffer through these things alone."

"You'd rather me suffer with other people?" Lena joked, still not looking at her sister directly.

"Yes," Violet answered simply.

Lena finally looked at her.

"Oh, were you using humor to make a point?" Violet asked.

"Yup."

"Very humorous, good job."

"Thanks..." Lena shook her head.

The girls looked away from each other for a second as Lena started to question why she ever thought that she could fit in with this family in the first place. Violet finally made eye contact again.

"Lena," she said, "I want things to be better for you. I want you to feel comfortable here. Just tell me what I can do."

Lena sighed and pulled her hand away. "Nothing, this is my problem, not yours."

"But I want it to be my problem too."

"What?"

"When a family member has a problem, the rest of the family helps. It's no longer your problem, it's mine too. I know I'm not well equipped with emotional support, but I will help you through this if you'll let me."

Lena looked at her and smiled. "You know what would make me feel better?" she asked.

"What?"

"A sleepover with Webby, no pressure, no parents, just us."

"Then we will do that,"Violet says, "after we ask our parents."

"Of course." Lena laughed and rolled her eyes. "Remind me to teach you some rebelliousness later."

"Well that," Violet said, "is something to consider."

Lena laughed again.

"Lena,"She says, "Next time something is bothering you, tell me. I want to be bothered. When it comes to you, it's a pleasure to help, it's not a burden."

"Really?"

"Of course."

Lena smiled and gave her a hug despite the anxious feeling inside her. "You're a good sister, Violet, remember that."

"You're a good sister too, Lena."

Compliments like that shouldn't have hurt...

"Thanks..."

But they did.

Della:

Della got back from her appointment and decided to spend some quality time with Louie, since the whole demon incident, she thought it would be nice for them to connect on a deeper level.

It's so hard to connect with this darn kid!

They've been sitting on the couch for almost twenty minutes trying to find some common ground.

Well, della was trying. Louie was just sitting there on his phone.

"Do you like legends of legend quest?" Della asks.

"Not really into video games." He says.

"Uhm, do you play any sports?"

"Oh heck no." Louie says. 

"I could teach you." She suggests.

"No thanks." He says. "I get hit enough without playing sports."

Della takes a sharp breath. "Okay...uhm got any hobbies?" She asks.

"Not really."

"Well, what do you normally do right now?" Della asks.

"Watch Ottoman Empire." He answers.

"Oh." Della scowls. "Let's keep thinking." She says.

The two of them sit quietly for another couple of minutes.

"Are there any girls you like?" She asks.

"I don't really like-like girls." He says.

"So...boys?" She asks.

"What? No, I'm eleven." He explains. "I don't really think about...that. I have enough going on."

"Oh...it would be okay, you know, if you did."

"Great, I'll keep that in mind." Louie says, resisting the urge to roll his eyes. Did she really think he needed her approval when it came to a romantic interest?

"I could teach you how to fly a plane, I taught Dewey." Della suggests.

"You know what? We're good; you don't have to try to relate to me, okay?" Louie asks. "We don't have a lot in common, that's fine. We're fine where we are."

"Do you play chess?" Della asks.

This time Louie does roll his eyes. "I guess it's not the most boring game in existence." Louie sighs.

"Great!" Della shouts happily. "Let's play chess!"

"Great, awkward game of chess it is." Louie mumbles.