5:

The past could always be annihilated. Regret, denial, or forgetfulness could do that. But the future was inevitable.

Oscar Wilde

-

-

-

Dewey:

He forgot to take his medication again-

Don't get him wrong, he's very lucky that medication exists to help handle symptoms, but when your condition literally causes you to forget to do basic things, forgetting to take the medication that's supposed to help you remember to take your medication is kinda an impossible scenario.

He remembered this morning he got up and brushed his teeth, combed his hair, got tired, realized he didn't have a cup in the bathroom, went downstairs to get one, ate breakfast, remembered he had to clean his room, went upstairs to do that, remembered his medication, went back downstairs and got distracted by something della said, forgot again why he was downstairs, remembered he was cleaning his room, got back upstairs, remembered his medication again, walked back downstairs, got a text from his friend at school, (hilarious meme.)

Oh yeah! He got a glass of water, walked back upstairs and...he was out.

Darn it!

He walked back downstairs to tell Donald, he had to tell Donald, nothing can distract him!

"Hi, honey!" Della smiles.

"Oh hey, I need to find uncle Donald." He says. "Have you seen him?"

"Uhm, was he not in the boat house?" She asks.

Dewey shakes his head. "No, he wasn't."

"Well, maybe I can help?" She suggests.

Dewey thinks about it. "Uh, No. it's okay. I'll just wait for uncle Donald. It's kinda important."

"Dewey, I'm your mom. Whatever it is, I can help." She says.

Dewey thought about it... Della might understand if he explained it...

"Dewey!" Uncle Scrooge was behind him. "Why is your room not cleaned yet?"

Shoot! His room!

"Stop being lazy and get to it, lad. I'm serious." Scrooge scolds.

Dewey sighs. He only has so many spoons! "I'll just get that done, if you see Donald, can you tell him I'm looking for him?" Dewey asks Della.

Della frowns. "Yeah, okay."

"Thanks." Dewey smiles. He walks upstairs to his room...

He's so tired...

Scrooge doesn't understand! It was hard! Really hard to get things done-

'We're nothing but free labor to them.'

Dewey blinked away a few tears... that's not true.

That wasn't Louie! That was the demon. Stop thinking about it!

Dewey felt a sudden guilt inside. He wasn't helpful at all, he felt no energy to clean right now. He didn't want to do anything.

He sits down on the floor and looks over the mess that was overwhelming him.

What if he wasn't useful at all? What would Scrooge do if he found out what Dewey was? Would he find him useful at all?

Would he hate him or blame him? Would he think what everyone else thought? The other parents who told Donald he was only enabling bad behavior? Would Scrooge or Della think he was a bad kid? Was he a bad kid?