3:

A/N: Edited by TheHardie-Boy

-

-

-

"The beginning is always today".

~Mary Shelley -

-

-

Lena:

'They'll never trust you. Leave them, and we'll be better off.'

Violet was playing violin in their... Uh... The bedroom while Lena was trying to do schoolwork (actually, she was mostly staring out the window, but like, how could she not? It's far too beautiful and completely open to ignore the beauty of a rare perfect-looking day).

The sky was the perfect shade of blue, and the sun was completely bright but not too much to ruin today. It was the kind of day you'd assume perfection. Lena has everything she could ever hope for: friends, a place to live, parents, a sister, an open window with an open minded heart to go with it. Everything was perfect...

'They'll turn on you once they know what you really are.'

She was going to mess this up, wasn't she?

It was inevitable.

Lena messed everything up.

She always has...

She heard a deep, sharp 'careek' sound come from her sister... Violet that snapped her out of her mind. She knew nothing about violins but was sure they weren't supposed to sound like that.

"Drat," Violet proclaimed in her very monotone voice.

"Violet, could you quiet down please?" Lena asked annoyingly, but then realized how absolutely rude that was...

"No problem," she said, collecting her things. "I'll practice downstairs".

Lena sighed. "Wait..."

Violet confusingly stopped to look at her.

Lena got off the bed, grabbing her bag, and walked towards her. "You don't have to do that, I'm sorry. This is your room."

"I don't mind, Lena, it's your room too."

'No... it's not.'

"Either way, I have to go," she said, walking to the open door. "Sorry to interrupt."

"Lena?" Violet interrupted. "Did I cause you some sort of distress?"

She shook her head and mustered the best smile she could. "No, I'm okay. Really." She turned around to leave once again.

"Lena?"

"What?" she asked while still holding onto the doorknob. She didn't even turn this time to face her.

"If you're dealing with any emotional distress, you can talk to us. We're not quick to judge."

"I know. I'm fine," she said plainly.

"You say that a lot."

"Do you have a problem?" Lena asked angrily.

"No, I don't think so."

"Will you stop being so literate?" she wines.

"Will you stop being so emotional?" Violet asked, starting to get annoyed herself.

Lena darted off without another word.

Violet:

A day later: