61

I had gone up to the roof looking for one of the loose panels Wells had mentioned a while back. Still haven't found it. But I did find a small hatch looking metal that was screwed down. It was daylight when I had found it, meaning Raven should be back with a report.

I left the screwdriver by the small square and climbed down using the tree. Unsurprisingly it was much easier to climb than the slick metal, and I didn't have to worry about where my next step was.

I made it to the tree I had called the meeting at last night and waited for Raven as Bellamy sauntered over to me.

"You find anything yet?" I didn't look at him, just stared at the dropship.

"Yup. You still being annoying?" He opened his mouth but I saw Octavia run over so I stepped towards her.

"I just heard Murphy had Jasper." She was slightly out of breath.

"Yeah. South foxhole done?" Bellamy asked following the plan.

"What? Bellamy, my friend's in there with a killer. Persphyni?"

"O, look around. No one is working. If the grounders attack us right now, we're all dead." He was right. Apparently everyone decided to ignore my orders after the sun came up.

"Murphy! Murphy, if you even touch Jasper, I swear to God you're dead!" Octavia yelled as she walked over to the ramp.

"Octavia, cut it out. Get back to work. All of you! Get back to work!" I yelled. "Via. We got this." I whispered to her, reaching out a hand.

"Really? Because it doesn't look like you're doing anything about it." She said turning on me and Bellamy.

"Bellamy, you were right. Persphyni, I got your walkie-talkie." I smirked, turning to Raven.

"I'll take it, thank you very much." I sent her a wink as the four of us all started to back away so we could talk freely. My walkie was secured to my waistband like it had been all night.

"There's a loose panel on the back. If I can pop it we can get in through the floor." I nodded as Raven addressed Bellamy and myself.

"Good, do it." Bellamy answered for the both of us.

"I found a panel on the top. I'll only use it in case of an emergency. Get her open, Raven." Raven nodded and walked away, back to the panel.

"Sorry." Octavia sheepishly apologized to Bellamy and I before walking away.

"Murphy, I know you can hear me." I rose a brow as Bellamy started talking into the walkie. "All our ammo and food is in the middle level. You know that. You're leaving us vulnerable to an attack I can't let that happen." Bellamy nodded towards me and I understood what he was doing. He was going to keep Murphy talking a distracted as Raven busted in through the back.

"Yeah, well, in case you haven't noticed, you're not exactly in control right now." In another circumstance I would have laughed. But Murphy did have a point.

"Come on, Murphy. You don't want to hurt Jasper, you want to hurt me." I went wide eyed and grabbed the walkie from Bellamy's hands.

"What the hell are you doing?" I hissed. Bellamy just snatched the walkie right back.

"So what do you say? How about you trade him for me?"

"No." I got in front of him and held my hands to his chest pushing him back. "You do this and you'll die. Murphy doesn't want to kill Jasper, he's just using him for leverage. You." My voice dropped. "Bellamy, he wants revenge. You're his revenge." I felt my throat close. "You can't die. I can't lead them on my own." I looked into his eyes and he placed his hands on top of mine with a smirk.

"Persphyni Atlys, you can do anything on your own." I chuckled slightly.

"Maybe, but I don't want to. A queen can rule alone, but with a king by her side, they can rule together. And Bellamy, I don't want to do this alone. Clarke's already gone." I felt my anger towards him disappear as he took my hands off his chest and lace our fingers, and my face began to heat up. My stomach tightened and I swear it got five times hotter outside.

"All you have to do is let him go, and I'll take his place." I tried to pull my hands away from where his right hand held both my wrists firmly.

"No." Octavia said coming up to us.

"How?" I could hear the smirk in his voice. A flash of my own as I hid behind the large solitary cell door, filtered through my vision.

"Bellamy, if you do this, he'll kill you." Octavia whispered.

"If I don't, he'll kill Jasper."

I was still trying to free my hands as Bellamy lifted the radio up to his mouth again.

"Simple. You open the door. I walk in, he walks out." There was silence. I took that as my opportunity to rip my hands loose as Bellamy was waiting and had forgotten about holding me. I grabbed the walkie from Bellamy keeping it behind my back this time.

"Bellamy, you can't." I know I sounded desperate, but I was. Sure Bellamy is a major asshole, and I probably wished for him to be dead like twenty different times in the past twelve hours, but I needed him. "I need you. That's what you told me and I stayed. Now I'm telling you, I need you." I saw him debate, but the creaking off the dropship door opening made up his mind.

"Hold her back." I felt two pairs of arms grab mine.

"Get the hell off me!" I shouted as I pulled on my arms.

"Just you, Bellamy, unarmed, ten seconds or I'll put one in Jasper's leg." Bellamy handed off his gun and I broke my right arm free from one of the people holding me. I lashed out. Punching the left person off me and running to get to the ramp before Bellamy but I was tackled and pulled up.

"Bellamy!" I shouted as I now had four sets of hands on me. One set for each arm. Another around my waist where they were grabbing their opposite elbow. And a fourth holding my shoulders from the front. "Octavia! That's your brother! Why aren't you letting me help him?" I asked as she pushed on my shoulders.

"I'm here!" Bellamy's gruff voice called.

"Raven will find a way to get him out." Octavia said looking me in the eye as I watched Bellamy walk into the dropship, sending me a final smile as he went in.

Let me be your hero. I shook my head.

"No. No, no! Damnit!" I felt my muscles relax and my head dip slightly. I felt the four hands let me go as Jasper rolled out of the ramp just as it began to close. I hesitated once, I would not hesitate again. I pushed passed Octavia as she bent down to Jasper and ran to the door. I caught on with my hands and swung my legs and hips around so no one could grab me and stop me. At least that's what I thought.

I felt multiple pairs of hands grab my hips just before I cleared the top and pulled. The door got closer and closer as I held on. My fingers were about to get crushed. And so I let go. Landing on top of the group of people who had grabbed me and pulled me back.

I rolled off and sat down on my knees, staring at the door that just closed Bellamy off from the rest of us.

"You can't go in there too," I looked up as Miller walked in front of me. "We need you out here. We all do. Bellamy included." I nodded standing back up and throwing on an unfazed facade.

"Okay."