32~ Promise

Despite the little bump between Jimin and Jungkook, the rest of dinner went by pretty smoothly.

The group of Outworlders were all pretty easy going. The little mistrust some of them had that I was human quickly dissolved and soon I was starting up conversations with all the different members.

Jin was the oldest of the group and probably my favorite member thus far with his never ceasing smile, cute laughter, and corny jokes he broke over the dinner.

I was properly introduced to Namjoon, whom I'd been intrigued about with his extensive background in biology. His Marks were lovely mauve and cut through his skin in bold lines.

The vibrant black Marked alien's name was Taehyung. He possessed an intimidating aura around him with sculpted features, but he was polite. Jimin talked most with him and it was interesting to see the contrast of Jimin's bright, light silvery personality to Taehyung's more reserved, deeper darker personality.

Hoseok was the brightest of them all, even brighter than Jimin. Getting to know his heart-shaped smile and easy-approachable attitude made me ten times more glad that he was okay.

Jungkook was a ball of energy and talked with everyone nonstop, his champagne Marks glowing as brightly as his toothy smile.

And finally, Min Yoongi. He was the Outworlder with fiery orange Marks that licked up his arms and neck like literal flames with jagged overlapping edges. He had the quietest demeanor of all the members but he smiled at the members with obvious affection.

At one point Jimin took a break from talking with Taehyung to turn toward the fiery Marked Outworlder. "Yoongi hyung, I was hoping you'd train Jiyeon."

Yoongi's eyes widened, obviously surprised at Jimin's request. "Does she even have any background in combat?"

"I'm right here," I mumbled.

"Well do you?" He shifted his gaze on me.

I shook my head sheepishly.

"Jimin, look, I want to help you out as much as I can. But for me to personally train her? And when she has no knowledge of combat?" Yoongi shook his head. "I don't have the time. You can enroll her in some classes and maybe she'll end up with me for a couple of those classes."

"Please, Yoongi." I clasped my hands tightly in my lap. "Give me a chance. I want to be able to protect myself and those who I care about."

"Why can't you do it yourself Jimin?" Namjoon piped up, listening in.

"My father has enlisted me as a full time trainer," replied Jimin. "I'm more than willing to train her during my breaks but... the the progress will be too slow. And we can see the hell that's unfolding around us. I want Jiyeon to be able to hold her own as soon as possible."

"Yoongi, you're only training part-time right?" Now Jin leaned in.

The orange Outworlder offered a gruff, affirmative grunt.

"I say do it. Even just one hour a day can make all the difference."

I shot Jin a grateful look before turning back to Yoongi. "I promise I'm a quick learner and will work hard."

"Promises mean nothing to me." Yoongi met my gaze levelly. "That's the first thing you should know about me. You can 'promise' all you want. Promises can be easily broken. I'll only believe it when I see it."

"So is that a yes?" I asked hopefully.

He hesitated before nodding once. "We'll train tomorrow in the afternoon after my morning recruit class. I expect you to show me that you're willing to work hard. Or else the deal is off. I have better things to do with my time and I need to know spending it on training you is going to be worth it."