Day 15 - Settled

Adam's POV

The first week was simple enough. It was best for James to start getting comfortable in his new environment. I took him home and let him get adjusted to the home. He really doesn't remember any of it.

"This is one amazing place you got here," he said.

"James we own this place together. We both live here." I explained while locking the door. "You see, you don't live with your mom anymore. You moved out a few years ago."

James nodded his head as he looked around with the biggest shock on his face. Obviously, he was processing everything. I didn't want to overwhelm him with so much all at once. "Hey it's starting to get late, how about we go to bed?" I suggested.

We both started to get ready for bed. I decided it would be best if I stayed in the guest room until James was okay sleeping with me. As much as I wanted to snuggle into his arms, I knew I had to wait for him to be ready for that.

As I made it out of the bathroom I stated to hear giggling. I walked over to the bedroom and peaked in. It was James and Floof. It seems like they just met and are enjoying time with each other. I imagine Floof missed him almost as much as I did. I stared in awe at the two, enjoying the sound of his laugh flow into my ears. Damn, that laugh. It's adorable.

"Hey uhh Adam! Who's this?" he asked.

"Oh that's Floof. She's your dog. Adorable isn't she?"

"Of course! I love her so much! Now I have someone to cuddle with in bed," James said happily. I felt my heart sunk a little as I heard him say that.

"Hey if you ever want a human cuddle buddy, I'm here for you." I told him.

"Oh okay. Thanks Adam." he said.

I sighed and walked out of the room and into the guest room. Lying down on the bed I felt something I felt so many night before: loneliness. I really want James in bed with me. Maybe I could wake him and ask? No, he has to stay in bed. Just give him some time.