XV. 𝑇𝐻𝑈𝑁𝐷𝐸𝑅

"𝑀𝑂𝑁𝑇𝐸 𝐶𝐴𝑅𝐿𝑂? That's our prom theme?" Jessica popped another  volleyball into the air.

"Gambling, Tuxedos...and Bond. James-", She head-butted the ball into his face to shut him up."-ow!" Soon all heads turned to see Bella and my least favorite Cullen exiting his Volvo. I made sure to think 'idiot'  extra loud, which earned me a glare that I responded to with a sarcastic grin. Bella gave me an awkward wave and made her way over to where I was standing.

"Yo, Arizona!" Mike jogged over to us- still lovesick over the brunette. "So..you guys and the Cullens, huh?" I rolled my eyes at him.

"He's a Hale, actually." Mike shrugged me off and continued his unwanted critique.

"I don't- I don't like it." I shot him a glare and he once again ignored my presence. "You know he just looks at you like..your something to eat." I did my best to stifle my laughter at the irony as Bella shot me a glare of her own, dragging me to her pickup.

_____

    "What did you think not tellin' him would accomplish?" Bella paced her bedroom and fiddled with her sleeves.

"Honestly..less time to plan his murder." I let out a laugh shaking my head at her.

"The man is downstairs cleaning his barrel- I don't think it's going to take much planning once he sees Mr. Eddie standin' on his porch." She narrowed her eyes at me and threw her hands up in exasperation.

"Rose. Not helpful."

"I wasn't trying to be." She grabbed a throw pillow and chucked it at me. "Not. Cool."

"I wasn't trying to be cool." I stuck my tongue out at her and rolled my eyes.

"Touche."  She looked out the window and widened her eyes.

"They're here."  She ran her fingers through her hair and grabbed my arm- pulling me with her down the steps. She skipped to the fridge to grab a beer to ply her father with. This is gonna' go just dandy. "Hey, I got you another one." He shot her a glance and continued cleaning his rifle.

"Thanks." She gave me a nervous look and I tapped my wrist in response.

"IhaveadatewithEdwardCullen." Dear Lord save us all. He took a sip of his beer and eyed the table.

"He's a little old for ya' isn't he?"

"No, he's a junior..I'm a junior. I-I thought you liked the Cullens."

"..and I thought you weren't interested in any of the boys in town." I decided this was as good a time as any to pipe up.

"Well, technically the Cullens don't like 'in town'."  Bella shot me a half-hearted smile.

"Yeah and it's in the early stage..whatever- he's outside right now."

"Now? He's out there?" His eyes widened at the both of us.

"Both of them..Jasper is picking me up- and they both wanted to meet you." He cocked his rifle in mock-seriousness.

"Alright, bring 'em in." Bella put a hand on his shoulder and flashed him a pleading look.