I Like Like You

Miracle

"Mister man, what did you say was your reason for coming to Lagos because I'm getting tired of you. I'm very sure I'm paying this house rent alone" I said to my caller as I open the fridge to remove a bottle of energy drink. "The is no food in this house so kukuma enter buka and eat" I said still to my caller. "Bye".

Fifteen minutes later, there was a short knock on the door and before I could move my body from the couch I was lying on, Mikey came in and he went straight to the kitchen. "Mimi, why is your kitchen locked?" He asked. I just looked at him as though he has no head attached to his body.

"Mikey, you don't have shame at all. It's the power of God that's preventing me from hitting you with my phone" I said mimicking the act of throwing my phone at him without actually throwing it. "You that have shame in abundance, where's your kitchen key?" he said as he struggles with the kitchen door "why should I answer you when you can not even greet the owner of the kitchen. Biko, no break my kitchen door" I said before taking my attention back to my phone. "Do now, I'm hungry" Mikey says mimicking a childish voice as he taps me.

He kept on pleading but I didn't pay him any attention until suddenly, he starts tickling me. As ticklish as I am, I exploded into laughter begging him to stop because I definitely know how this might turn out. "Stop. Stop. Okay wait I'll give you" I said as I kept on laughing, but he keeps on tickling. Until I started coughing seriously before Mikey stops tickling but the cough refuses to stop, rather, it was persistent.

I put my hands in my pocket, removing the key and giving it to him. He unlocks it and went into the kitchen coming out almost immediately with a glass of water. After drinking half of the water in the glass, I stop coughing but that didn't stop me from whizzing really hard. "I'm sorry, are you okay?" he asked with concern and fear in his voice. "My. Bag" I stutter in-between breathe, "In. My. Room" I continued, pointing to my bedroom door "On. My bed." I concluded as tears foams in my eyes.

What I feared would happen, happened. He rushed in and out almost immediately giving me my bag as he sits beside me. I quickly brought out my ventolin inhaler, using it continuously until I was sure the whizzing faded. Mikey opens out his hands inviting me to a hug as warm tears rolls down my face, I hugged him as I cried silently.

I hate when I have crisis. I hate the fact that it reminds me of a cross among my other crosses that might never leave my back. "It's okay, it's no sin to cry, so cry out as loud as you want to." Mikey said as he hugs me tighter, a hug that reminds me of my fears. "I'm sorry you had to see that side of me" I said sobbing. "You should apologise to my hunger, your other side pissed it off" he said causing you both to let out a light laughter. "No need to apologise Mimi, I'm glad I saw the other side. I almost thought you were flawless. Let me make something for us to eat then we can talk about it if you want to" he says as he breaks the hug.
I drank the rest of the water before giving him the glass as he heads into the kitchen. I doubt I want to talk about it. What exactly am I going to tell him and why exactly do I need to tell him?

After saying a short prayer, I dig into my plate of food "Oh My Taste Buds!" I exclaimed, "this is delicious" you conclude. "shhhh don't tell anyone. I Don't want people thinking I'm some sorta food hero now. I've got a reputation to keep" he says giving you a smirk. "Well, now I've got you to keep to myself both commercially and substantially" you say giving him an evil smile.

SIX DAYS LATER
It's quarter pass seven p.m. I'm exhausted and all I want to do is fall on my bed. As I got into my house and turned on the lights, I was shocked at the sight before me. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" They yelled in unison. My small living room is covered with my family.