IV

"Hey Jen, wanna hang tonight? It's Friday." Lisa asked with a hopeful smile.

Jennie bit her lower lip guiltily. "I can't tonight. I umm... have to study for a test."

"Oh, well do you want me to help you?"

"No! I mean... that's really nice of you. But I'll be okay on my own."

Jennie looked awfully anxious, but Lisa decided to ignore it. She trusts Jennie.

"Right then, how about tomorrow?"

"Sounds good!" Jennie said with a beaming smile, and Lisa felt 10 times better already.

————————————

"Omg guys you won't believe this. Guess who I caught snogging in the dance room." Irene's brows wiggled up and down.

Dahyun leaned forward, completely intrigued. She'd always been a sucker for gossip.

"Here's a hint. Her name starts with Jen and his name ends with ai."

"Subtle." Jisoo commented.

"Whatever, cliffhangers were never my thing anyway." The raven-haired girl retorted.

'I'm just glad Lisa wasn't here to hear that.' Jisoo thought to herself before making her way into the classroom.

Upon entering, she witnessed Jennie and Kai, seated in the back corner of the room, visibly flirting with eachother.

She also noticed Lisa sitting at the opposite end of the room, playing with her pencils in vain.

The Korean sighed before approaching her lonely friend. "Are you ok?"

Jisoo winced at Lisa's poor attempt of a smile.

"Yeah! I'm fine. Just umm, thinking about school."

"Right..." Not wanting to push it, the purple-haired girl decided to play along.

"So umm, what are you and Jennie gonna do tonight?" Jisoo decided to ask, in an attempt to lift Lisa's spirits.

You see, Fridays were special. Jennie and Lisa were never apart on Fridays. They would always have sleepovers at Lisa's house, watching movies until their eyes were too tired to continue. They would make dinner together, sing karaokes, or play video-games. You name it, they've done it.

Jisoo knew of this tradition.

However, the mention of this special day had the opposite effect to what Jisoo had expected.

Lisa's eyes washed over with defeat. "Nothing..."

The Korean furrowed her brows in confusion.

"Jennie said that she has to study for a test tonight. So we can't... you know. This Friday is cancelled, I guess."

"What test? We have no upcoming tests."

Lisa pursed her lips together. "I didn't ask. I'm sure she's just under a lot of stress from her parents right now." Lisa tried to reason, she really did. Lisa always tried her best to understand Jennie.