Part One [M]

Free
by H.E.R.

You don't ever say forever
Laying next to me
But nights like this I wish I never
Said that I was free

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Lisa's POV

You are only there when you need me.

But I just let you. I take whatever I can get from what you give me.

I warm your bed at night not knowing what the morning could bring. But who am I kidding, it's just the same damn thing—a space where your warmth occupied and vacated.

You gave me promises of tomorrow knowing it was all empty. But I just listened. At least in those intimate times you made me visualize a parallel universe where you and I could be. Because in this world that we are in right now—I don't know.

I really don't know...

I let out a sigh and took another swig from the glass of red wine that I've been nursing for a couple of minutes now. One of the bartenders placed the bottle that I've been drinking in front of me, catching my attention, but the guy just gave me a sympathetic smile.

"I don't want your sympathy. Not tonight." I drawled and lazily stared at the bartender, as I feel my face getting numb. I'm close to being drunk already and it's not even midnight yet. I let out a light chuckle and slowly averted my eyes, looking into my glass, swirling whatever's remaining in it.

"Drinking won't solve your problems, Lis." That's the nth time he said that to me ever since I became a regular in this jazz bar in the city. I hate the rowdy crowd in nightclubs so I just frequent "Blues" instead and enjoy my drink in peace.

"So, why did you place the bottle in front of me then...Bam?" I retorted but it came out a bit slurred.

He tilted his head while wiping a snifter glass. "I'm just tired of waiting until when you'll finish your current glass. And I get the feeling you'll consume the whole bottle tonight...so, you're welcome." He jested and I threw a nut directed to his face, but I missed and hit Jackson who's behind him instead. I laughed at his surprised face then mumbled sorry. He seemed not to mind for he just waved it off and went back to what he's doing.

"God, I'm such a lightweight tonight. Oh yeah, I haven't eaten properly yet." I said to myself, but it looks like I said that out loud when Bam gave me a stern look. Before he get to say his piece, I beat him to it and raised my hand. However, before I began speaking, I gulped down the remaining wine in my glass and gazed at the sour-looking guy in front of me.

"I knooow. I shouldn't drink with an empty stomach... But I can't help it when my body craved for alcohol and you know I can't deny myself of it." I blabbered on and sniggered to myself. Can I be more pathetic?

"Whatever, Lis. Anyway, I have a big group that just came in. Will you be fine?" Bam casually asked and I just nodded.

Yeah, I'll be fine. I always am.

My plans of casual drinking turned into another pity party for one...again. I turned my gaze to my empty glass and grabbed the bottle of wine. I poured another and swirled it, lifting it towards my nose then took a good sniff of the musky scent.