Chapter 1 (Part 2)

"Did that make any sense to you? Cause it sure like hell didn't make any to me."

"Don't worry too much about what he said. He spouts nonsense all the time, and if you try to understand what he is saying, you'll probably go insane before you find the hidden meaning, which itself is meaningless. He's called crazy for a reason, Antonio."

"Anyways, you told me that there's a girl whom you want to date, but you didn't specify the name. Who's the charming lady, stealing the heart of the most handsome boy in school?"

"Now you're just exaggerating Antonio. I'm not the 'most handsome', as you say." Bassanio said, finger quoting the words.

Antonio snorted in disbelief. "Yeah, you're not, because gravity is making all those girls fall for you. Dude, even if you won't admit it, you are the most handsome straight and single guy in the school. All the other handsome boys are either taken or gay." Antonio shrugged, like 'Its a known fact, dude.'

"Maybe... Well, we're getting offtrack here. So as I was saying, we've been best friends since like, forever, and I know that you will be able to help me with this situation. You have been able to solve all my problems, whether at home or school, and for that I'm always thankful to you, Antonio. Now what I'm gonna say may sound kinda... Crazy, so I hope you don't think that I've gone to the deep end."

"You know me since we were little idiot! Have some faith in me. And even if you say something extremely stupid or crazy, I won't mind it, cause half of the time you're planning something stupid. So now, time is ticking, dude. Hurry and tell, I'm getting real impatient over here."

Bassanio huffed in annoyance. "So mean... So... The girl I want to date is Portia. She's from the neighbouring school. She's the most popular girl and once I had seen her during the football match between the two schools.

She's so beautiful, dude. She's just like the legendary Portia about whom we've studied in history. But I've heard that her father is like, super strict and very influential and doesn't allow her to date anyone, or even talk with any boy. So what am I supposed to do in this situation? Please help me out, Antonio."

Antonio's eyes widened as he heard about Portia. "Dude." Antonio breathed out. "Have you been living under a rock?! She's the daughter of the multimillionaire, Gilbert Seth, the CEO of one of the top ten companies in the world, Seth Designers, the most famous shopping brand here! You want to date her?!"

"Woah... I didn't know that. But yes, I still do want to date her."

Antonio sighed tiredly after getting over his initial shock. "Well then, we need more information about her. I'll try to gather as much information as I can, but till then, try to talk to Shylock about her."

"What?! Shylock?! That gangster leader of Black Spades who's in our school, that Shylock? Isn't he like, super introverted?"

"How many Shylocks are there in our school Bassanio." Antonio snapped. "If you really want to date her, you have to work hard. There are many people who want to date her, you have to struggle fiercely like a competitor to get the chance to date her."

"How eloquent." Bassanio mused. "Ok fine, I'll talk to that guy. You're gonna use your father's gang for this purpose?"

Antonio shushed him. "Bassanio! Walls have ears. You can't just go around saying stuff like that in the open. And yes, I am gonna do just that.

You might accept the fact that I'm the son of a gang leader, but others might not. I was thrown out of the last school because I was deemed dangerous by the teachers, even though I didn't do anything. You do know about it."

Bassanio hung his head. "Yeah I do. I'm sorry."

Antonio's eyes softened. "It's cool. Just don't go saying this stuff in the open. For both of our sakes."

Bassanio grinned. "I'll keep that in mind. If I catch hold of Shylock, I'll text ya."

Antonio nodded. Bassanio swore loudly as he saw the time. "Damn!! I'm late! I gotta go now! Bbye Antonio! See ya later." He waved at him before dashing down the staircase.

Antonio looked at the sky. Suddenly the thought of Shylock crossed his mind and he flushed a bit. He was absolutely not in love. It was an absurd idea. He just really admired Shylock. To remain so strong even when he was shunned by everyone.

He wished he could talk with him. But his father would skin him alive before he got the chance to talk to Shylock. They were rival gangs, after all.

But Bassanio made it possible to hold a conversation with him. He couldn't deny the fact that he was really excited to talk with Shylock. He hoped he wouldn't be disappointed...