Chapter 2 (Part 1)

Portia and Nerissa were sitting in an empty classroom, talking. Nerissa was Portia's best friend and also her assistant.

Nerissa's mother was one of the most important and trusted employees in her father's company. She was the heir to Seth Designers, so often she had to attend important meetings and occasionally take her father's place in business discussions.

Nerissa helped her to manage her schedule and acted as Portia's right-hand woman.

Portia suddenly sighed. "I'm so tired of this whole dating thing, Nerissa. Not even one boy is good enough for my dad, and few of the company heirs were... Uggghhhhhhhh... Terrible."

Nerissa chuckled lightly and said, "Of course you'd be tired. Your schedule is so tightly packed you hardly get any time for studies now, and, as your luck allows, it's exam time right now. The all nighters have done a number on me too. I feel like falling asleep right now. And the wind feels so nice..."

"Your words make me feel even more sleepy."

"You will feel like falling asleep right now, especially because you're aware that we have our biology test after this break."

Portia groaned. "Don't remind me. I swear that teacher's gonna be the death of all of us, giving tests practically every day."

"But you and Antonio still manage to get full marks on every test. Both of you are absolute geniuses."

"Thanks Neri. But I'm no genius. The tests are easy. But even if the tests are easy, its a pain in the neck to give one every day. Especially if you have a schedule like mine."

"Uh huh. The tests are really easy, that's why half of the class struggles to pass. But you're right about the schedule thing. Anyways, talking about tests is only gonna make us feel more drowsy. Let's talk about something else. Like... Umm... Yes! Tell me about those six company heirs with whom you had dinner."

"Seriously Neri? You wanna hear about them? Fine... Name the six boys, I'll tell you about them."

"Well, on last Wednesday, you had dinner with Harley Johnson, the heir to the Napoleon Video gamers, a famous company known for its video games." Nerissa said, scrolling through the digital tablet in her hand.

"If I had to describe him in a word... Unprofessional. He was only interested in cars, and talked about assembling a car and stuff related to that. He was awkward and fidgety, and couldn't sit still in a place. He, the Napoleon company's heir? More like a lousy mechanic."

"Ouch. Burned." Nerissa smirked. "So... What are your thoughts about Vermilion Palatine, the heir of Palatine Restaurants, the largest restaurant which has branches in more than 200 countries?"

"Crybaby. That's the perfect word to describe him. He stuttered a hell lot, couldn't hold a decent conversation to save his life and always had a sorrowful expression in his face, like I was about to take the fork and stab him in the heart.

I tried to talk to him, but when I started to speak he looked like a god damned cornered animal! He had this frantic look in his eyes, like the one which children have when caught stealing chocolate from the fridge.

Both of them were absolutely insufferable. I would rather marry a peasant than Vermilion or Harley. Both of them were a disgrace as a representative to their companies. They need to improve a hell lot before they are fit to get the 'heir' title."

"Don't you think that's a bit too harsh? Anyways... the way you described them, I'd say you're right about the fact that they really do need to improve. Anyways, now next in the list is Francis Le Bon, the heir to the most famous bakery line Le Bon Bakeries."

"He's... Bit of an oddball, I'd say. He has polite manners and all, but he's kinda two faced. Sometimes a crybaby, sometimes an idiot, and sometimes a gentleman. Honestly Nerissa, his switch personality and mood swings scare me a bit. One moment he's all happy and joking, and the next moment he's all sad and depressed."

Nerissa shuddered, "That does honestly sound creepy. It'll be hell to manage a company with that type of switch personality."

"You bet. It felt like I was talking with many people at once. Not a single person. His personalities were so contradicting. I was honestly thinking when the dinner would be over so I could get the hell out of there. Of course my dad didn't like him. So... That was the story of Le Bon."

"What about the other three?" Nerissa asked, excited to hear.

Portia chuckled. "I know you are excited to hear about them Nerissa, but we have our test now. Remember?"

Nerissa looked at the time and exclaimed, "Oh! You're right! Look at the time! Let's go back to our class princess, I have to revise the chapters once before the test starts. But don't forget, you have to tell me about the other three."

Portia nodded her head and Nerissa pulled her along, heading back to their class in a furious pace.

Please vote and comment!
Hope you are enjoying the story!
Isabel ❤️