𝚜𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚑𝚒𝚐𝚑

"Oi Rin, the bus is here!" Emi called you out of your trance. You looked up, finally snappimg away from your thoughts to see that everyone was boarding the bus. It was finally d-day. It was time for your spring inter high.

"Hey come on, hype up ace! We need you to stand out," Yume encouraged you with a pat to the back. You nervously giggled as you looked at your captain. It had been about a few days ever since you and Kenma had spoken to each other. Kuroo and you had still been keeping in touch but you avoided every topic that involved the pudding setter. At the same time, during these few days, your emotions were all over the place too. Your teammates had noticed this and attempted to cheer you up in every possible way which you very much appreciated.

As you boarded the bus with the team, you went to the back and sat on an empty seat. Taking out your wireless headset (because girlie uses android), you connected it to your phone via bluetooth and started blasting songs from your playlist. You gazed out the window and eventually drifted off to sleep as your playlist continued to play.

-

"Rin-chan! Wake up!" Yoko shook you awake. Your eyes snapped open from the movement and you realised that the bus had reached its destination.

"Ah... sorry, I'm awake now..." you apologised with a sheepish smile as you rubbed the back of your head. Getting your belongings, everyone in the bus alighted and made your ways inside the giant sports stadium.

Upon entering, there was a huge crowd of people in colorful volleyball jerseys right off the bat. Your teammates went to go socialise with the other people while you stood at one side, not wanting to get involved with anyone before the ceremony.

"Rin...?" A deep voice called from beside you. You snapped your head to the direction of the voice to see a familar guy with black wavy hair and two moles on his forehead.

"Sakusa! Long time no see... where's Komori?" You greeted the masked man. Sakusa was someone that you met through a training camp between Fukurodani and Itachiyama.

"He's socialising with humans..." Sakusa sighed with a frown as he looked over to another direction. You turned your head over to where the germaphobe was looking at to see a familar brunette libero talking to a raven haired boy who was wearing a black and orange jersey.

You let out a chuckle and turned back to the germaphobe who was social distancing from the huge crowd then continued conversing. Most of the time, Sakusa would reply in a dry tone or ignore your nonsensical questions. You did not take offense and instead bothered him even more, being the little piece of shit you were.

-

"Hey Rin, go out there and show them your most powerful spikes!" Cheered Yume as she gave you an elbow knudge to your back. You made your way towards the court with the ball in your hand and your setter standing by, near the net. Tossing up the ball, you ran towards the net as your setter tosses the ball, again, infront of your hand. As you jumped up into the air, you observed a point in the other court and then spiked the ball towards that point. As you land back on both your feet, the whole gym goes silent at the loud thud of the contact between the ball and the ground. You smirked then walked back to the benches for your other teammates to continue their own drills.

You looked over to your captain to which she gave a proud smile and a thumbs up. You chuckled at the action then went back to watching the court. You were going against Shiratorizawa's female team. A rival team to the Fukurodani's female team. Shiratorizawa has always been triumphant over Fukurodani until last year, when you officially joined the team. The matches would always end with 5 deuces due to the high skill level. This year was going to be the same. You were going to snatch the win from them like last year.

Bring it on...

Your eyes lit up with determination as you looked across the court.