You are all my mind can see

edit: this is another fluffy chapter with a love confession since I'm a succer for this kind of stuff
Love and enjoy my fellow Shinkai shippers

It's a boring day as usual. The teachers are as bland as ever, my fellow classmates are quiet and I don't even have the ambition to prank Aoko or our teacher. I didn't even react to Hakubastards new and obnoxious hair color. All I'm currently doing is staring out the out the window and thinking. Thinking about what happened on my last heist.

The wind whips past me as I glide through the air, already targeting an abandoned building to take a closer look at what I obtained this time. Maybe I finally found Pandora? Maybe I found another special gem?  Or it's just another fail to mark on the calender. Whatever it is I can't know for sure without checking it first.

As I land on the building's roof, I deactivate my glider and stretch a bit, before I take out the sapphire called Gaia's Ocean. But the moment I wanted to hold it up into the sky a well aimed shot of a football knocks it out of my grasp. I could barely catch it before it hit the ground, saving it from bursting into millions of shards.

The amused laugh of Meitantei catches in my ears as I sigh in relief. "Are you crazy!?! What if I didn't catch it last minute?!" I snap at him, checking the jewel just to be safe it truly is unharmed. Thank God it is. "Nah, I just wanted your attention." Intrigued by his words I place the gem into my pocket and look at him directly. My mind goes wild and my eyes widen at his appearance.

Meitantei's hair is dishevelled, his clothes dirty and a bit torn and his posture is bit unsteady. All in all he looks a tired and worn out. Worried for the sleuth I approach him to look for wounds and for once he didn't straight up denied my doings. I check him over, but fortunately I couldn't find any signs of bleeding.

"What happened?" His eyes are completely fixed onto mine and I feel strangly warm at how the moon makes his eyes almost glow. "It's nothing important, just a fight, what is about to happen is more important." Warm hands catch mine, holding them with utmost care. "I won't be able to attend your heists for a bit. As you might know Haibara just discovered a definite antidote about two weeks ago and the BO is getting more active."

"We found their base and it's layout just a few days prior and the plan to take them down will be executed tomorrow. It will take two to three days to fully finish this." Confusion fills up my head as his thumbs softly move over my gloved hands. "I don't understand. Why are you telling me this?" There is nothing but silence after I uttered my question, making me slowly panic that maybe I shouldn't have asked that.

I look up, meeting his gaze again after looking at our joined hands and a small blush wants to cover my cheeks. He looks at me like I'm the only thing existing in his world, his eyes soft and loving and a handsome smile on his lips. "I suppose it's not that obvious to you as it is to my friends..." He takes a step forward, leaving close to no room at all between us and lets go of my hands. My heart starts hammering against my chest as his hands rest on my cheeks.

"Wha..." Soft, but slightly chapped lips cover mine for a short moment. "I love you, Kaito Kid, and I would like to go out with you after my fight is over." Butterflies erupt in my stomach, making me feel all light and tingly and the blush now warms up my cheeks. Meitantei just kissed me and confessed!

My hand snaps up and touches my lips in reflex, my eyes wide and focused on the male before me. He looks so-

"BAKAITO, WE HAVE LUNCH BREAK!" The obnoxiously loud voice from my neighbor and childhood friend rips me out of my memory, making me suppress a flinch. "Huh? Why is your face so red?" I quickly cover my blush with my poker face and look at her with an annoyed expression. "I told you yesterday at breakfast, right? Jii and I were fishing late into the night and I fell into the cold water. I got a slight cold." And for once this is the whole truth.

She looks thoughtful for a moment and then places a hand on my forehead. "You have a slight fever. Why are you even school when you're sick? Come on, I will talk to the teachers about it and you go home and sleep this off." She grabs my things and puts them into my bag before she wraps a scarf she always has in her own bag around my neck. "I can't believe an idiot like you can fall ill. Now, hurry home, I'll bring you food over when school is over for today."

"Nah, don't worry, I'll go to a friend's house since he wanted me to visit either way." Also called sneaking into the Kudo Mansion, but she doesn't have to know that. Aoko looks hesitant but still nods and goes off into the break. I walk to the headteacher's office and tell her that I'm not feeling well and will stay home until I'm healthy again and then make my way to Meitantei's home.

As I got there I immediately go into the study, knowing that is where he spends most of his time. Thank God I always carry around my cap and monocle, otherwise I probably would really lie in my bed right now, too lazy to come up with a real disguise. I sit down on the couch and I slowly get sleepy, like real sleepy.

I must have fallen asleep because the next moment I feel a hand gently stroking my face, nudging me awake. "Hey there sleepyhead, had a good rest?" A small blush dusts my cheeks as I meet his smile. It's more than a week that passed since we last seen each other, that means it has been over a week since he confessed and I finally have an answer.

"Someone looks like they solved a big mystery. Have you found your answer?" I nod and catch his hand with mine, feelings it's warmth. I sit up, ignoring that my hat fell off, my monocle the only thing hiding my real face, and pull Meitantei to sit beside me. "First of I want to apologize for suddenly poofing away that day, but I could only think about you ever since."

"And whenever I find myself daydreaming I always see your face before me. Even in my dreams...You're always the one strengthening my back with your rare but beautiful smiles." My blush gets a bit darker the more words I share. I make a small bouquet of thornless, red, white and blue roses appear in a poof of smoke. "I love you, too, Kudo Shinichi and I would love to go out with you." He smiles at me before he sneakily steals a flower and sticks it behind my ear.

He softly kisses me on the forehead and then on the lips, just a short, chaste kiss. "Shall I keep running after the mystery of your name or will you tell me the secret?" I think about it for a moment and then smirk at him. My arms snake around his neck as I pepper his cheek with a few kisses. "You have to find out yourself, Mr Detective. Wouldn't want to make it boring, would we? And also, I want to be on your mind for a bit longer."

I feel the slight curve of his smile under my lips and then lock gazes with him, only to find the fondest and most loving expression I have ever seen a person make.

"Why? You're all my mind can see already."

After notes:
OMG I died while writing this. At first I absolutely didn't know what to write, but the more I wrote, the more came together I guess. Sorry it's a bit shorter than the rest I have a lot to do at home lately.
See you next illusion!