7

the rain was gushing down now, my clothes stuck to my skin in an uncomfortable manner and I found it difficult to walk without recoiling as my drenched jeans grazed against my legs.

Frank, on the other hand, was totally fine. he didn't seem disgusted at all by the feel of his waterlogged suit, heavy on his broad shoulders. his posture was still perfect even though the thought of that blazer jacket resting against his nape made me cringe.

I pull out my phone from my soaking backpack and try to check the time. sadly, my phone got water inside so I couldn't tell.
"hey have you got the time?" I ask Frank. he's bound to have a watch, like, look at him.

he rolls up his jacket sleeve and I notice he has a very fancy watch. its sleek black with leather straps, and it glistened in the amber streetlights.

"it's 11pm" he hummed. I was relieved, I thought it was later.

"cool. hey, I'm just around the corner from here." we were just approaching my apartment.

I was a bit scared to show him my shabby, two person studio apartment. I hadn't cleaned in a while since I had been out all day since, so I guess I wasn't living that trendy minimalist lifestyle everyone else was. the living room was the most clean since I never really stayed in there, so I guess it'll be okay.

we turned the corner, and made our way up onto the foyer, and cracked open the lobby door. the artificial lighting was dimmed, and the radio softly played Miss Melody by Edu.

my shoes made squelchy noises against the polished floor while Frank's shoes sounded clicky-clacky, everything he did had to have some sort of authority, like he tried to make it seem like he was above everyone, when he didn't even try.

I fish in my pocket for my room key, and press the elevator button.

the wait for the elevator was an agonising 10 seconds. my hair was dripping wet, but I didn't want to wring it out. EVERYTHING was sticking to me, and my skateboard was gonna rust up soon.

ping! the elevator opened, and Frank put his hand lightly on the small of my back, almost guiding me even though I could see where I was going.

I click the 4th floor, and the ride up was even more agonisingly awkward. I clutched my board to my chest.
the elevator was no IKEA one, it couldn't even fit two people, Frank and I were shoulder to shoulder, and the tight space was uncomfortably intimate. the only thing I could think of was one of those "the sexual tension between you and the person..." tweets. I couldn't help but let out a bit of air from my nose, a small silent laugh.

the doors opened, and I looked up to frank, who still had his mask on.
"you know you can take that off, right? who are you gonna see up here?"

Frank reluctantly pulled off the mask, his hair bouncing and falling from the elastic. I chuckle, and motion for him to follow me to my apartment.

we got to the door, and I pushed the key in and turned, it making a satisfying click, and opening up the door to my dingy little studio flat.

squelching in, I didn't take notice of the doormat that I placed before the door. I never really used it, I always just walked straight in. mostly because I never have guests, so I don't have to worry about mess.

Frank on the other hand... I turned around and he was busy, wiping his wet, sleek black dress shoes on the never-before-used mat.

I kicked off my trainers, not bothering to undo the laces, and lead Frank into the 'living room'.

I quote living room, due to it not really being a living room... more like a room with a sofa and a hardly used TV I got from the attic at my mum's house. it wasn't really a living room, as it hasn't been very lived in. I did everything in my room down the corridor. 

"do you want anything to drink?" I asked, hesitant at first whether to say anything. he was an intimidating guy, what could I say ?

"oh, no. no thank you." he declined. nodding, I sat myself down on a cold armchair that felt like it had never been sat on before, although looking like it had been made in 1987 and never taken care of.

Frank stood, he was as tall as a lamppost. his mask was tucked in between his elbow and he looked around, unsure of where to sit.

"sit wherever you like." I hummed, weirdly annoyed that he didn't sit down straight away. I get annoyed at the weirdest things...

he chose the sofa, and looked like he thought the sofa was going to eat him if he sat on it. rolling my eyes, I got up and sat next to him, but leaving space. I picked up the TV remote and put on trash TV- MTV.

he and I lay back, eyes focused on the television even though we weren't even paying attention at all. it was 2:42am, and my eyelids were growing heavier and heavier.

-
a/n HDHEJFJWKFJSKSKF IM SORRY IVE BEEN GONE FOR SOO LONG IVE LOST THE HYPERFIXATION ON FRANK BUT I SWEAR ILL TRY WRITE MORE OK BYE THANKS FOR READINGNNNNG