𝔼𝕞𝕓𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕠𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕁𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕟𝕖𝕪

DAY 1 ~ The needle in the crowd
A small needle in a sea of people, I felt pierced into my cart, threading through the chains, undetected. They never knew to see me, my eyes stuck to the floor like ice, I felt like a sculpture, neatly packed into a sparse carriage for a sense of unprecedented display inside 'the grandest ship in the world', yet to me it was nothing short of a plainly ghoulish water vessel. I hated the sight of it, it's intimidating smoke funnels blowing their dense arrogance into the sky and the blunt lines of obscure miniature windows peeping out at me like darting eyes, judging my every misplaced movement. How could such a thing people talked so grandly of, give me so much deepened detest? My mother -stolling highly as ever- looked to be a sort of eager owl, widening her eyes with glee at the new transport she could flaunt to her acquaintances and her head turned stiffly like a statuesque eagle as she surveyed the uncomfortably looming presence of the ship. Then there was Cal, his charmingly hypnotic eyes staring alongside my mother's as he graciously stepped out from his door. Cal always knew how to please people, he had this seemingly static power to instantly beguile anyone who looked into those matted brown eyes and his voice, rich in power and obsession, always swam into every conversation with a bold stride. Unwillingly I held out my hand to be assisted onto the ground, I spun my head to see mounds of elated citizens, obviously manipulated by the vessel's stare. In line with my Mother and Cal, I followed the thread up the first class boarding stairs into the ship, as I ascended my heart began sinking.