𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕚𝕣𝕤𝕥 𝕝𝕦𝕟𝕔𝕙 𝕚𝕟𝕤𝕚𝕕𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕋𝕚𝕥𝕒𝕟𝕚𝕔

DAY 1~ Invisible at the Lunch Table
Much like the ship itself, lunch was an utter bore. I glumly sat through masses of unsatisfactory conversations, rifled with objection and vainglory all mixed together to create something of a large mountain of self pride. I, however, sat at the base of its tall structure, for I never and will not ever care about such a tedious thing like money or status, who made these rules that life depends on such a thing? In an act of small hope that maybe a cigarette could weaken the strong scent of blustering words, I swiftly pulled out my cigarette holder and breathed in its warm smell as I looked around at these curious people. Opposite me, sat Molly Brown, a woman new to her status and quite frankly unable to hide it, she always seemed somewhat warm hearted, even if she was what mother called the epitome of vulgar. Cal sat deep in conversation next to me, leaning back into his chair as if he were a god of masculinity, as I looked at him I always wondered whether being married to him would allow me to see a different side to him, perhaps this facade was all some trickery to gain publicity and respect. I really hoped that I would find the better in him, that's all I could hope for as his secretly unwilling fiancé, but I daren't threat my place, he was now my security, without him I was nothing. Mr Andrews and Mr Ismay sat alongside us too, explaining in far too greater detail their journey into creating this 'wonderful ship'. Slyly, my mother gave me a cold glance, unimpressed at my smoking, in such an inappropriate time. Fearlessly, I returned a glare back, who was she to say that I couldn't smoke just like the men had? Suddenly my role as a women seemed suffocating, and even more so the fact that Cal snatched the cigarette out of my hand seemed to enhance just how invisible I was. Of course, I signed up for this myself, I said yes, I just didn't realise that I had said yes to a life living like a steel joint inside Cal's maze of possessions.