Chapter 3

Craig's POV:

I walked into Tricia's hospital room, still feeling slightly sad about leaving Tweek. Why? I have no idea, I mean, I barely know the guy but it still hurt to leave him for some reason. I sat down in the empty chair next to my sister and she smiled at me. I tried to smiled back, but the guilt from her accident came rushing to the surface, making me want to break down all over again. I'm not really an emotional person, but almost losing Tricia today really threw me for a loop and made me the most emotional I've ever been.

"You better not be blaming yourself!" She weakly said, glaring at me a little. I shrugged my shoulders,

"Well, what were you expecting? You wouldn't be here in the first place if I'd been right there and caught you when you fell!" I said, the guilt intensifying. She sighed.

"Craig, all that matters to me is that you were there when I did fall. It wasn't your fault, okay? I like to believe that everything happens for a reason, so maybe what happened today is going to be the reason for something amazing that happens in the future." When she said that a certain blonde boy's face flashed through my mind as I shook my head.

"Yeah maybe, but it still doesn't make me feel any better. I almost lost you today Trish. I've never been more scared." I said, my voice going a little shaky. She snickered,

"You? Scared? Craig Tucker scared? My brother? No way, this must be somebody else I'm talking to." She said, still laughing a little. I just stared at her.

"Tricia, I'm serious. I really did almost lose you today. I know we have our moments but what siblings don't? You're one of the only people I care about in this world and losing you is something I just can't have." The grin on her face disappeared as she stared at me, genuine shock visible in her expression.

"Craig, I'm okay. Jeez you didn't have to get all sappy on me, I'm seriously okay. But I genuinely think I'm a little concussed because this is the most emotion I've seen out of you and I've known you my entire life..." that made me laugh.

"Yeah, well, you're my little sister—I care about you, okay?" She smiled and I smiled back.

"Love you too broseph."

"So what did the doctor actually say? What are her injuries?" I said, looking at my parents who were sat at the other side of her.

"Nothing dire, they stitched her head up and did a couple of tests on her. The only thing that they said is that she has is whiplash which wasn't much of a shock to us seems as she hit her head." Mom said. I nodded, looking back at Tricia.

"So how are you feeling now?" I asked.

"I'm feeling pretty great to be honest," she said, all of a sudden looking at me weird.

"What?" I replied, looking at her confusedly.

"Sorry, I'm not used to you wearing short sleeves," she said, snickering again, "you're always wearing a jacket of some sort and I'm positive you were wearing one this morning but maybe I'm just overtired or something." My eyes widened and I looked down, realizing that she was right, I wasn't wearing my jacket. I thought back to the last time I had it and stood up.

"No, you're right, I was wearing one. I think I left it in the bathroom. Hold on I'll be right back." I said, quickly walking back to the bathroom. I went to where I was sure I left it but ended up finding nothing. What the hell? I'm sure I left it here, I thought to myself, looking around the bathroom and sighing. Maybe the cleaners took it or something and left it at the front desk.