Chapter 29 - Head Over Feet

[Nick]

In all of my 25 and a half years at that point in my life, and with all the girls that I've been friends or acquaintances with, I never had a fuck buddy or a friend with benefits. Sure, I've had one night stands with people. I might have slept with someone more than once, but never like what I started doing with Harley.

The last thing I expected when she showed up at my hotel room was to become fuck buddies with my ex-girlfriend who happened to be my best friend. But who the fuck was I to judge her for wanting me? I had gone without sex for 11 months because I was so determined to get Harley back in my life and if she wanted me, then I had no problem with it.

But it worried me.

I had heard so many horror stories about friends who start hooking up with one another. Sure, in our case it wasn't like we hadn't slept together before. It was natural for us. It wasn't odd. It was fucking awesome. But the guys started to question me, especially after me running around to their rooms looking for condoms. I did what Harley said and told them I hooked up with some random girl only to have them yell at me about hooking up with some girl right before Harley showed up.

If they only knew.

Amazingly enough, the friends with benefits thing seemed to be working out alright. We knew our rules and we were obeying them. Plus, we were getting laid which made us both a lot less tense.

To be honest, it was almost like we were really together again, but without the dating or declaration of love. It was fucking awesome.

[/Nick]

[August 2005]

Harley moved her hands to the top of her head, holding her hair off of her neck as she moved on top of Nick slowly and then fast, switching up the pace just to get to him. His hands moved all over her body – from her breasts to her stomach, her thighs, even between her legs. She closed her eyes, enjoying everything that was going up until she felt him kiss her.

It had been two months since their little "agreement" in New York City and they had seen each other at least six or seven times. Nick was in the middle of the Backstreet Boys' "Never Gone" tour and Harley had been visiting him whenever she got the chance or he would visit her.

Harley opened her eyes, seeing Nick sit up, facing her and she smiled, moving her hands from her head and wrapping them around his neck. She shivered, feeling his fingertips move along her sides and down to her hips, grabbing them and pushing her down on top of him harder.

She closed her eyes again, feeling his lips on her neck and chest, moaning loudly as he pushed her all the way down on top of him. She was getting lost in the feeling of him being inside of her and kissing her. His lips moved back to hers, holding them there as they both panted and moaned into one another's mouth before kissing again. Every time Nick pushed her down hard, she would moan in his mouth, making his tongue vibrate almost as bad as both of their hearts were.

She wrapped her arms around his neck tighter, holding her forehead against his as she began moving faster on top of him, rocking back and forth.

Nick muttered something, Harley wasn't sure what, against her lips as he felt his release moments after she reached hers. Harley sighed, opening her eyes to see him staring back at her. She couldn't help but smile when she saw the smile that appeared on his face.

"I am so fucking glad you showed up in Kansas," Nick sighed as Harley laughed. They hadn't seen one another in over two weeks because she had been busy recording in Nashville.

Harley took a deep breath, crawling off of Nick and pulled the cover up over her and started to laugh. She wasn't sure what she was laughing at. Probably the fact that she had surprised Nick when he came in from soundcheck. He walked to the back of his bus and saw that she was naked in his bed and he was completely shocked.

"I wrote a pretty kick ass song on the flight here," Harley said as Nick turned his head to look at her. "I've got to come up with the melody for it though. I might have to rework the lyrics."

"What's it about?"

"Not telling you."

"You used to share your songs with me all the time," he said as she leaned up on her elbow, looking at him. "What? Come on..."

"We talked for almost six months before I was able to hear yours the day before the album came out. I think you can wait too," she smiled. "Besides, I don't have much more to do on it before a single is going to be picked."

"There's not going to be any revenge songs on there, is it?" Nick asked as she layed back on the bed quietly. "What? Seriously? Harley!"

"There's one that's definitely going to be on there that I wrote after 'Better Than Revenge' came out," Harley said. "But I promise it's not how I feel now. It's just, the song is too good not to record and release."

"Okay, but you have to make it up to me," he said as she rolled her eyes. "You have to fly to Europe at least once while I'm over there for one of our stress relief sessions."

"Uhhh... deal," she said as Nick reached over for his phone. He looked at the time and jumped out of the bed. "What's wrong?"

"Dude, we've been here for like two hours. It's almost show time," he said as he started stumbling around the room naked. "Fuck, I don't even have time for a shower. I'm gonna go out there with Harley sex sweat all over me."

"And that's a bad thing?" she asked, watching him almost fall over while putting his boxer briefs on. She had a point. It wasn't that bad of a thing. "Although you'll go out there and those girls are going to look at you and be like 'wow, Nick looks like he just got laid'."

"Really?" Nick asked as he stared at her. "Seriously? You think they can tell?"

"Nick, I'm fucking with you," Harley laughed when they heard AJ's voice yelling for Nick.

"I'll be right out!" Nick yelled, trying to grab his clothes to put back on when the bedroom door opened. "Dammit, AJ!" AJ stood there, seeing someone hiding under the covers and he looked at Nick.

"Jake said that Harley was here," AJ said, walking over to the bed. He lifted the covers up, seeing Harley's face and put the cover back down. "Nick. Are you and Harley fucking one another?"

"I'm right here, AJ," Harley sighed, moving the sheets off of her face. "It's not what you think."

"Wait," AJ said, pointing at Nick. "Was she the girl you slept with in New York? Are ya'll back together? Dude, ya'll don't trust me? That's shameful man!"

"We're not back together, AJ," Nick said, slipping his t-shirt over his head. "It's not what it looks like."

"We have an arrangement," Harley said as AJ glared at her.

"An arrangement?" AJ asked, crossing his arms over his chest. "What kind of arrangement? He's not paying you is he, Harley?"

"For fuck's sake, AJ!" Nick yelled. "We're just friends..."

"With benefits," Harley said as AJ cracked up laughing. "Seriously, we're not joking and don't tell anybody. We were just keeping it between ourselves."

"So ya'll do it all the time when you visit one another?" AJ asked, curious as to how this 'arrangement' was working.

"No, not all the time. Maybe once," Nick said as Harley put her hands over her face. She was embarrassed but leave it to AJ to want to know how they were handling the situation. "Don't we have a show to get ready for?" he asked AJ as he nodded. "Good, let's go."

"Bye AJ," Harley smiled, giving him a little wave.

"When are you leaving, you never said," Nick asked, slipping his sneakers on.

"Leaving tomorrow," she said as he nodded. "Are you guys staying here over night?" Nick nodded and she smiled. "I'll watch some of the show tonight and see you back here on the bus afterwards. Then we can go out and grab some food and hang out."

"Sounds good to me," he smiled, walking out of the back of the bus. He shut the door behind him and started making his way through the bus, thinking about the look on AJ's face when he saw Harley under the sheets.

"You are so going to fall on your face," AJ said as Nick walked off of his bus, running his fingers through his hair. "This is not a fuck buddy situation. You still love her."

"Of course I love her, she's my best friend."

"Best friend with benefits."

"Exactly," Nick said, glaring at AJ. "And keep it to yourself. I don't need Brian or Kevin preaching to me about right or wrong. It wasn't even my idea to do this. She's the one that showed up in New York all turned on because she listened to the songs I wrote about her. It's not like I'm going to say no, so just keep it to yourself."