𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟣

𝚁𝚎𝚒𝚔𝚘 𝙺𝚞𝚛𝚊𝚗

It had been a few days since I died. I was still skeptical about what happened, I mean, who wouldn't? Many would have liked an opportunity like the one given to me, to get away from the world that was not fair to them.

There were many times where I dreamed about getting away. Go somewhere where I could be happy, surrounded by loving people who would protect me from the nightmares that would haunt me at night.

The nightmares, they were the reason why I was always afraid, all my life be it awake or asleep, they didn't want to let me go. I was not sure that they wouldn't come back to get me. I guess I was still waiting for them to walk up to me and take me away forever from the one place where I believed I could be happy.

I tried opening my eyes, since I had been asleep most of the time, and I finally had the strength to do it. When I opened them, I saw things that weren't blurry. The first thing I saw was the baby sleeping next to me. My twin brother, I presumed, since the first thing I heard when I came to this world when I was born, was his cries.

I never had a brother or sister for that matter. I was still not sure how to act. But I had been given a second chance in life and this time a happy one, I hoped.

I had not seen my... parents. I would like to see who gave birth to me, my parents, for all intends and purposes. And I could only pray that they were nothing like my old ones. I hoped that they were kind, loving, and safe.

As if listening to my thoughts, the door opened, a man and a woman came in, they walked closer and saw that I was awake.

"Aww is my little Reiko awake already," Juri, or mother now I guess, said. I couldn't help but think that I had seen her before but from where?

"I think Reiko just wants attention, isn't that right?" chuckled Haruka, I mean father, 'It's going to take some time to get used to this,' as his hand reached out and touched my belly making me giggle and a smile came to his face.

Suddenly I stopped when I noticed something in his mouth, was that... fangs? What? As this realization hit my mind, his face and Juri's started to seem familiar to me. But again, from where?

I took a sharp breath when I recognized them, but I must be mistaken, there's no other way. As much as I wanted to deny it, it started to make sense. Somehow, perhaps God made it this way, I was in the Vampire Knight universe.

My best, and only, friend made me watch a few of the episodes. I didn't remember them very well, but I did know one thing. Vampires exist. And if I was the daughter of Juri and Haruka Kuran, then I was a vampire, a PUREBLOOD vampire.

'OH MY GOD! OH. MY. GOD! Alright, I need to calm down.'

.

'I can't calm down! I think I need to sleep on this.'

As my eyes started to close, I vaguely heard the sound of a door closing. I fell asleep to the sound of the soft breathings of my brother.

.

A few months had passed since my discovery. I was okay with the fact that I was a vampire. To be honest, I was a little thrilled.

A lot happened in those months, such as the arrival of Rido, he took my baby brother from me and what was in his place was not the same person. I mourned with my parents, but Kaname was not to blame. I would miss my other brother, and Kaname was my family now.

Even as a newborn baby, I could feel the power radiating from him. In a way, it made me feel safe. Something I never knew in my past life.

'I think that I don't want to lose him. He's everything I have once our parents die. I won't be able to do anything to stop it. I will cry a lot. But as long as he is by my side, I think we will be okay.'

Maybe it was too soon to think like that, but I was just honest with my feelings.

I heard a sound that interrupted my thoughts. I glanced to the side and saw Kaname looking at me, he smiled. I smiled back because he was so cute. We curled around each other and fell asleep, our hearts beating as one and small smiles on our faces.