❌Two❌

Picture was posted by a 'Ryan Cunningham' on CuteWallpaper.com
×·×·×·×·×·×·×·×·×·×·×·×·×·×·×·×·×·×·×·×·

“A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.”

-Bernard C. Meltzer
×·×·×·×·×·×·×·×·×·×·×·×·×·×·×·×·×·×·×·×·

WARNING: not edited

×·×·×·×·×·×·×·×·×·×·×·×·×·×·×·×·×·×·×·×·

Your eyes had opened and you felt... nothing? You were numb at first, numb to everything happening around you- to you. Parts of a small dream played on your mind; at least, that's what you convinced yourself that it was. Then, it all hit at once. You felt extremely cold, insanely tired, but mostly just pure lonely. You reached up to scratch at your neck, it was itchy- no, raw. You felt dehydrated, and really needed a glass of water. That empty feeling in your soul could wait for a few moments while you got something to relinquish your thirst.

Hearing footsteps, you turned to your right and your gaze landed on a fellow teenager. A boy that looked similar to a monkey was heading over, he hadn't seemed to notice you just yet. You raise your hand as a greeting and smiled nervously, asking if he could show you the direction to the nearest drinking fountain.

The boy looked up from his device, an old flip phone it seemed, before his eyes widened in terror. The phone fell from his grasp, hitting the floor with a clutter. He was gaping, his tail standing on end as his whole body seemed to shiver.

You grew worried, "A-Are you alright?"

He was staring at you... No? He wasn't staring at you? No... He was looking at something behind you- through you.

You slowly turned your neck, looking behind you. Your reaction was the same, only less horrified and more confused. 'It wasn't a dream?!'

Increasingly faint steps were heard, and you turned back to see the boy running down the hall. "Sensei!"

It had taken you a few minutes for you to realize you were actually dead- staring at yourself seemed so impractical and it messed with your head. It had taken you a few hours for you to fully remember who you were, and even a few days afterwards for the memories to still be flowing into your mind. Even now, you were figuring out more about yourself -your life and powers, in fact- , both before and after death.

School was canceled for the next few days, being re-opened with more posters and pamphlets about how to stop bullying. Like they would ever really work, though. Teenagers huffed about having to come back to school, others whispered about the incident that caused the sudden break to happen.

A tall brunette hurried past the opening in the large fence, glaring at anyone who glanced at her with a knowing look. Her grip on a shoe-box in her hands tightened, before she sighed and released the tension in her shoulders. Walking through the door, she stared sadly at the box; green eyes filled with grief. Getting to the lockers, she stopped in front of a certain one.

The small locker you knew all too well: Yours. It was littered with (stickers/magnets) you found (cute/charming). Some were of quotes you liked, knowing people would sometimes read them as they passed. You gently caressed one if your favorite (stickers/magnets) with a quiet sigh. That was until your hand suddenly went through the locker's door, making you gasp and pull back quickly in alarm.