<09>

"Oh, Peachy~"

I turn around from my locker and see my cousin, Cheryl, standing in all black. Her red hair, which I'm slightly jealous of, sits perfectly in waves.

"Why yes, my Cherry Blossom?" I tease with a light smile.

"I know we aren't that close, and never really have been, but I have the sudden new found urge to do something with you."

"Oh? what did you have in mind?"

"I don't know," she says with a smile and loops her arm through mine while I close my locker with the other. "But I have a feeling if we walk around we could find something."

I laugh and nod, following her lead. There were a few eyes on us, but I wasn't focused on that. I was excited to find something to do that didn't involve my regular clique, which I seemed to have mixed feelings with at the moment.

We wound up by the music room, hearing a male voice I don't think I've heard before.

"—in your honor. Let's say ten o'clock? My room at the Five Seasons."

Cheryl gave me a look which said this is it and posed in the doorway, "Did somebody say party?"

I laughed behind her as we entered. I saw The Pussycats, Archie, Kevin, and some guy wearing this awful looking cardigan.

"Hi there, I'm Riverdale's resident it-girl, Cheryl Blossom," she said as she walked with confidence.

"You must be Veronica's old-school chum."

And that left a bad taste in my mouth. As much as I dislike Veronica, the way she described her past self in the Big Apple gave me the urge to punch her. And if this guy is anything like her old self, I'm probably going to snap this pretty boy's fingers.

"Nick St. Clair," he says, holding Cheryl's hand.

"Now that's a name I can get behind."

He turns his attention to me. "And who are you, gorgeous?"

Ugh, I want to vomit.

"Peach."

"Oh? Is it because of your—"

"Ten o'clock you said?" Cheryl interrupts and turns to me with a smile, and turns back to Prick St. Clair.

"We'll be there at eleven."

Archie gets up suddenly and walks out of the room, mumbling a quick "excuse me" on his way passed.

Cheryl pats my shoulder, "I'll text you when to meet, okay? Bye babes!" And she walks out.

"Well, you look very hot in that outfit, Peach," Nick says.

I was just wearing black jeans, a fishnet shirt with a plain cropped black tee and my combat boots.

As much as I dislike Veronica, she's the only one who can get this bug away from me so I turned to her, "Should we go find Betty?"

She picks up on my unease, at least I think she does as she grabs Nick's bicep and leads him into the hall, I walk out behind and Veronica grabs my hand and drags me to Betty.

"My old friend Nick here is having a little soiree at his hotel tonight, will you come? Betty is my bestie and the best. She's also Peach's older sister, twin actually."

Nick smiles, "I won't take no for an answer."

Betty gives me an uneasy look, and I nod.