<11>

"Get up, Sandra," Mom called to me from the hallway.

I groaned in annoyance that my peaceful slumber was disrupted.

"Mom, it's the weekend, let me sleep in."

"I know about that little drug party you and Betty went to," she said, walking into me room, "and everyone's coming here, so we can settle it all. Get up and dressed in ten minutes."

Maybe half and hour later, everyone excluding Nick and Cheryl was there.

It's odd that Cheryl wasn't there, she loved stirring drama pots, I think she probably did it best.

I'll text her after this. If I remember.

"Riverdale's best and brightest, huh?"

I stood between Reggie and Kevin by the fireplace. All of the adults were on the far side of the room, us troublesome teens, on the other.

"Alice, thank you for hosting," Mayor McCoy said.

Yes, say it as if this is just some family get together.

"Of course, Mayor McCoy. When I heard what happened at Nick's party, I decided we should come together to deal with this motley crew of liars, dope fiends, and fornicators."

"So you mean, just Mötley Crüe?"

No one laughed at what I said, they probably didn't even get it, but it probably wasn't the time for jokes anyway. We were in some deep shit.

"Except for my Betty and Sandra, who were smart enough to leave the party, before it descended into a bacchanlian free-for-all."

"Oh my God, Mom, please don't," Betty muttered from her chair next to where Mom was standing.

Veronica chuckles, "Great, here we go. Saint Betty and Succubus Veronica," I hear her say to Archie. Loud enough for Betty to hear.

"Just for clarity, Alice, you're hosting this little get-together to gloat?"

Veronica keeps whispering to Archie about Betty, Archie stuck up for her, spilling the beans about her and Jug's (well, Archie and Jug's) scene last night.

Remembering what happened brought some of the fire back into my veins, and my usual calm and care-free demenour changed into a stormy and aggresive one.

Reggie seemed to notice as he glanced at me, he looked like he was going to say something when my mother cleared her throat, signalling to us fornicators to stop talking.

And then Hiram Lodge spoke. I completely tuned him out for no other reason other than I don't like his vibe. It's dark, and unwelcoming, something I wish wasn't in my home, my safe space.

"Well I, for one, would like to know who brought the jingle-jangle to the party."

The parents looked at all of us with expectant glances. None of us said a word.

"Well, it wasn't Cheryl or I, I can vouch for her, we were together most of the night leading up to the party," I speak up, making sure Cheryl won't be wrongfully accused.

Again, silence.

The events from the party played in my mind. The shitty banter, the teasing, the moment Nick offered the JJ.

Reggie raised his hand a little, and Mrs. Mantle stepped in before anything more could be said.

"Reginald, not a single word out of your mouth until we get a lawyer."

"No, all Reggie needs to tell us, Melinda, is how he aquired it."

Of course Hiram would say that. Probably wants to get his hands on their stash and make out like a bandit with it.