Chapter 1

Hey, I'm back. So here's the rewrite of this story copied from my Ao3. TW for this chapter for mention of sexual assault, it's not too graphic tho so don't worry :)
Enjoy :) - V

❤︎

Richie awoke with a start, his breaths coming rapidly. It took a moment for him to recall what he had awoken from. Was it a dream? But it had felt so real. Too real. He had really felt all the fear and the pain and...

He was confused. He couldn't even remember falling asleep in the first place to be honest

He hopped out of bed and opened his curtains, looking out the window as it rained heavier than he had ever seen before. The sky was dark even though the clock on his bedside table told him that the sun should be up by now. He grabbed his glasses and made his way to the bathroom where he caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror. He was still a kid, so those things he saw must have been a dream. It was all already fading from memory. When he got back to his room he got dressed in a grey shirt and a pair of black jeans and walked downstairs to where his mum was at the kitchen table eating a bowl of cereal.

"Good morning, Richie," she said through a mouthful.

"Morning, Mom," he smiled. He thought for a moment about how he had no idea of what the date was, or when he was even supposed to be doing today. "What date is it?"

"October twentieth, why?" Why did he feel like he had something to do today? Like something was going to happen.

"Oh, I just forgot and wanted to know." Why did he forget though? He couldn't even remember the month.

"Okay, sweetie. You should get something to eat," she pointed at him with her spoon. Richie nodded and walked over to the toaster, where he popped a slice of bread into it and pushed down on the button. When it popped back up a couple minutes later, he put the toast on a plate and buttered it. Maybe his friend Bill would know what was going on. Not that anything was going on, Richie was just tired and confused and had a weird dream that didn't quite feel like a dream, that's it.

"Can I go call Bill?" Richie asked his mom, who just shrugged and said that he could if he wanted. He rushed off the hallway where the house phone sat and dialed Bill's number. Maybe they had just made plans and that's what he was thinking of when he felt as though something was going to happen today, like he needed to be somewhere.

After a couple of rings, Bill picked up the phone on the other end. "Hey, Bill, it's Richie."

"H-hi Richie. What's up?" the boy stuttered.

"I was just wondering if you're up to anything today?"

"N-nope, I'm just s-sitting in my r-r-room. Georgie wanted me to g-go out but I told him I'm s-s-sick. He just w-went out a second ago."

"Cruel, Billiam, cruel."

"He'll be f-fine," Bill chuckled. "D-do you want to c-c-come over?"

"Sure, I'll be over now in a minute."

"S-see you then!"

"Bye, Billiam."

"Bye Rich."

Richie hung up the phone and walked back to the kitchen where his mom was putting her empty cereal bowl in the sink. "Can I go over to Bill's?" he asked.