012. romance and heartbreaks

THE AVATAR'S BIG SISTER .

── ☆ ☆ ☆ ──

𝐉𝐈𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐀, Ikki, Korra and I were seated outside on the snowy ground near the air temple, feeding berries to the nearby flying lemurs. I glanced over to Korra with a teasing smirk, throwing a plump berry to one of the lemurs. "So, wanna' tell me what's going with you and that Mako? You've been spending a lot of time together lately." 

"Oh yeah! Tell us all about your magical romance!" Ikki giggled excitedly, leaning in closer towards her.

Korra nervously laughed, "What? Guys, I-I'm not interested in Mako or any romantic stuff."

"Sure you aren't," I smiled knowingly, playfully bumping my shoulder to hers. 

"Besides, he's into that prissy, beautiful, elegant, rich girl," she murmured bitterly, possibly referring to Asami. "But—let's just pretend for a second I am interested in him! What would I do?"

"Ooh!" Jinora bubbled out. "I just read a historical saga where the heroine fell in love with the enemy general's son, who's supposed to marry the princess. You should do what she did!"

Korra smiled excitedly. "Tell me!"

"She rode a dragon into battle and burned down the entire country."

 I arch an eyebrow and looked at Korra, who begins to frown. "Then, she jumped into a volcano. It was so romantic!" She clasped her hands together and sighed happily. Korra and I eye each other with a bewildered expression. 

"So, you're saying that Korra should ride a dragon, and burn down Republic City, .then jump into a volcano. . .all for a lousy firebender?" I deadpanned while the youngest airbender started jumping into the air.

"No, no, no! The best way to win a boy's heart is to brew a love potion of rainbows and sunsets that makes true lovers sprout wings and fly into a magical castle in the sky, where they get married and eat clouds with spoons and use stars as ice cubes in their moonlight punch. Forever and ever and ever!"

I blinked, trying to process what she just said while Korra muttered under her breath, "Suddenly, the volcano is starting to make sense to me now." 

I turned to her with a serious expression. "I know I've always joked and teased about you and Mako, but if you're seriously considering him to be your boyfriend, I'm going to advise you to steer clear from him."

She frowned, her bottom lip jutting out. "But, why?"

I leaned forward and flicked her forehead, making her let out a tiny yelp. "First of all, he's already dating someone, dummy. It's just a waste of time and energy focusing on someone who won't be interested in you. Second of all, I don't like his weird personality—"