chapter 3

'you must be new'

.

.

.

"Hi, I'm Lizzie and this my twin Josie!"

Georgie smiled softly at the over enthusiastic energy from the set of twins, studying them closely as she stood in front of them. Caroline and Alaric had already told her they were their twins - clearly fraternal - who happened to be witches. While the adults remained in Alaric's office discussing something that they clearly didn't want the girls hearing, the twins had volunteered to show her around.

"I'm Georgie Lockwood," she told them, a soft smile on her face as she looked between the blonde and the dark haired girl. Josie smiled back warmly, while Lizzie's eyes flashed  with a realisation as she recognised the surname.

"Like... Tyler Lockwood?" She asked in disbelief, not knowing their parents late friend had any family left. They all had assumed the Lockwood line had died off with Tyler in 2017.

"Yeah he was my dad," Georgie said sombrely. She had only spent three years with her dad and meeting people who clearly had got the chance to know him more than she ever was had slightly dampened her mood, and while she knew that wasn't Lizzie and Josie's parents fault, it still hurt to see others living the life she wished she had.

Noticing the sudden downfall on her face, Josie elbowed Lizzie's side and mouthed for the girl to change the subject quickly. For all they knew, she was a newly transitioned wolf and the majority of wolves they knew had a bad temper even when unable to shift due to the lack of full moon. The last thing the twins wanted to do was provoke her anger accidentally. Thankfully, there was a full moon the night before and fortunately wouldn't be one for almost a month.

"So everyone is pretty much friends here," Josie informed her as she linked her arm with Georgie as Lizzie did the same with her other arm. Georgie wasn't really sure how to react to the sudden display of friendship since she'd never really had any friends of her own but it felt nice. "The wolves are a little bit cliquey, so we probably won't get to spend tons of time with you once you join the pack."

"What if I don't want to join it?" Georgie asked, causing Josie and Lizzie to shoot each other surprised glances as they both paused in their steps to look at her. Lizzie shook her head slightly, flicking some of her long blonde hair over her shoulder as she scoffed slightly.

"It's in your nature, you'll feel the pull to join soon enough," she told her, and Georgie was sure she detected a hint of sadness in the blonde's voice at her thinking of their new friend hanging out with only the wolves. Her and Josie didn't have many werewolf friends since they were all into their pack mentality, and Hope wasn't exactly their best friend either. Her trainings with their dad had put a thick wedge between the possibility of any friendship.