chapter 8

'no one asked you to bring math into this conversation' 

.

.

.

"What's going on with you and my daughter?" 

Georgie scoffed as she ducked under the stick that Alaric swung towards her head, jumping over the one in his other had that he was aiming for her legs straight afterwards. The man rolled his eyes with a slight smile of encouragement as Georgie huffed, regaining her breath as the man passed her one of the water bottles.

Part of her agreement with Alaric had been that she would take up personal training sessions with him - something that the twins seemed almost joyful about which confused Hope, Alaric and Georgie considering that they were furious about Hope's identical sessions with their father. Georgie wasn't a huge fan of the dock setting, especially as she was almost certain that one of their trainings would most likely end with Alaric or her in the water, but she knew it was probably best to keep that concern to herself.

"Are you asking that as a father or a headmaster?" Georgie asked, watching as the man let out a short chuckle at her careful answer. "Besides, there's nothing going on with me and Josie."

Alaric nodded, completely unconvinced as he screwed the cap back on to his water bottle. He passed Georgie one of the spare sweat towels they had brought with them as he packed up their training equipment, a soft smile on his face as he watched the girl wring her hands together. He hadn't known her very long but he was observant - and he knew for a fact she had almost shifted earlier on too. It was very clear to the man that the girl was nervous about something.

"What's worrying you?"

"The party," Georgie admitted before her eyes widened as she stumbled over her words, having just accidentally revealed to their headmaster that they were throwing an un-allowed gathering by the Old Mill and potentially ruining everyone's night. 

Alaric laughed loudly as he clapped her lightly on the shoulder before they began their walk from the dock back to the school. He had finished with Hope before his session with Georgie and he was officially about to go back to trying to find a solution to their Landon problem.

"I'll pretend I never heard that," Alaric told the Lockwood with a slight glimmer in his eyes as he watched the girl from the corner of her eye gradually stop fiddling with her fingers as they got closer to the school. Another observation that he had picked up from the hybrid in her short time at the school was that her nerves always seemed calmer the closer to the actual boarding school building she was and he assumed it was because she knew there would always be someone there who could solve any of her issues.

They walked in a comfortable silence for the remainder of the walk. Alaric knew that Georgie had been expecting a lecture on her anger levels rising when arguing with Rafael that morning, but he knew that the girl already felt guilty enough. Him having a go at her wouldn't help the girl's anger levels or nerves in the slightest.