Run away (Final Chapter)

I laid in bed, smiling to myself about what happened the other day.

Kol and I have been together now for a few days, without anyone knowing. We decided to keep it secret since no one really approves of him.

I decided to get changed and head downstairs for breakfast.

*Your outfit*

*Your outfit*

I walked out of my room and heard a repetitive tapping coming from Stefen's room so I walked over, Damon joining me.

The two of us leaned on the door way, glancing at each other before Damon rolled his eyes.

"Dear diary, a chipmunk asked me my name today, I told him it was Joe, that lie will haunt me forever" Damon spoke dramatically, pissing Stefan off while I just snickered.

"What do you want?" He asked.

"I was hoping we could hang, ya know a little brother bonding" he said. "Plus (Y/n)."

"Wow thanks Damon" I replied sarcastically. "We'll have fun on your little brother bonding time, I have stuff to do anyways."

And with that I walked out of the room, deciding to leave the two of them.

...

I walked into the Grill to see Rebekah talking with Carol which I thought was strange.

I sat at the bar, using my enhanced hearing to zone in on their conversation.

"I've been to the founders archive but I can't seem to find any record of the tree I'm looking for" Rebekah said.

"It probably got cut down. Big old trees built half this town in the 1900s" Carol explained.

"Ooh she devil at 1 o'clock" I smirked hearing Damon's voice enter the room.

"Hey bestie" he smirked, sitting down next to me, Stefan beside him.

"Ew, never call me 'bestie' again" I said with disgust making him gasp.

"But we are, aren't we?" He asked with a pout.

"Can I have a mango smoothie please?" I asked the waitress behind the bar and she nodded, getting everything and turning the machine on.

"She's asking Carol for information on tree logging. My guess is it has something to do with the white oak tree, maybe there's another one somewhere, I'm not sure. All I know is she seems stressed, worried. I'd look into it if I was you" I informed quickly before the blender stopped.

"Here you go" she smiled and I returned the gesture, taking the drink and paying.

"She devil coming, have fun" I said before exiting the building.

...

"So how's prison treating you?" I asked Rick.

"I'm not in prison (Y/n)" he replied.

"Yet~" I replied amused and he just scoffed.

"Seriously though, are you okay?" I asked and he shrugged.

"I've been better, they think I'm the one going around and killing council members" he answered exasperated.

"Well I for one don't believe your a raging homicidal lunatic, if that helps" I don't smirked and he laughed airily, shaking his head.

"So thoughtful, really inspiring" he replied.

"I'm here all week" I smirked and we both chucked.

"Really though, I'm sure everything will turn out fine, it always does in the end" I said and he nodded.

"Well this has been fun but I gotta go, got shit to do. Have fun and make a shank" I said amused making him chuckle and shake his head again.

...

I was reading in my bed when I heard something outside my window.

I carefully put my book down before walking over to the window, opening it to reveal Kol.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered, looking at the bag hooked on his arm.

"I'm leaving, with my mother and Fin on the run, plus the appearance of another white oak tree it's to dangerous" he informed and I nodded.

"Then I'm coming with you" I said.

"What? No way (Y/n), you have a life here" he said.

"But I have a better one with you" I smiled.

He leaned in, kissing me gently before reluctantly pulling away.

I grabbed a few necessities, writing a note for the others and turning to Kol.

"Let's go" I said, jumping out the window and disappearing into the mysterious darkness together, a new and exciting life awaiting.

Damon's POV

(Y/n) wasn't down yet which I though was weird so I decided to check on her.

"(Y/n)?" I asked, knocking on the door, however I got no response.

I sighed, pushing the door open.

"C'mon sleepy he-"

I stopped when I noticed her room empty, a few things missing.

I was about to go into full panic mode when I saw a note sitting on the table. I walked over and picked it up.

Dear Friends,
I know this is a bit sudden and I'm sorry, I know I'm leaving in the middle of a lot of shit.

Anyways your probably wondering where I am. Well for a few days now I have been dating Kol, we are in love and I can't expect you all to understand. However I have decided to start a life with him.

Again, I don't expect you to understand but know that I love you all so much and that I'll see you all again sometime. I mean, we have forever after all.

I know you'll all sort your problems out.

Love (Y/n), the awesome vampire best friend.

P.s. Damon don't go on a psychotic bend while I'm gone, behave yourself. And make sure you get Elena, you two were made for each other. Stefan and Caroline are a much better fit.

I smiled at the letter, a tear sliding down my cheek at the thought of not having my best friend around.

She's been with me for a century and losing her feels wrong, but I know she's happy so I guess I can wait a few decades. At least she's found someone, I remember she always used to be depressed about no one loving her. She deserves something good in this belated life.

Alright everyone that's the final chapter down. I know that was a pretty shitting ending but I wasn't sure what to write, plus I was running out of ideas for this story. IM SORRY IF I DISAPPOINTED YOU!!!

Anyways, I hope you liked it and I'll see you all in my other stories hopefully.

Love you all.

~ A. G