Epilogue

ONE YEAR LATER

*ELEANOR*

"OK Missy, you really need to get out of that closet and get in here before I come to drag you out"

Today is the day that every parent longs for, the day where my baby takes the next step in life. Although I feel like she did that the day she moved out of home and went to create her own home with Xander.

To be honest I was worried and spent the first few nights staying up wondering how she is doing, if she's coping, if they are taking care of her and most importantly if she's being loved the way I love her.

I remember when she first told me about Xander and I honestly thought she started doing drugs because everything she was saying made no sense but when I looked at her I could see the truth in her eyes, I panicked, thought to myself exactly what kind of mess she got involved in.

Meeting Xander wasn't the easiest thing, him being six years older than her. I thought maybe he was just influencing her but I soon realised that this is what she wants. Spending some time with her and their pack (still sounds crazy to say) made me see just how much they love and appreciate her.

She's made new friends too. My little birdie has grown some wings and she finally learned how to fly.

"ok, I'm ready" she said then she walked out into the bedroom. I couldn't help but cry when I saw my baby girl in her wedding dress.

"don't cry, it's contagious you know" she said as her eyes got glassy as well

"You look so beautiful baby, like you're from a Magazine"

"just like my life is straight out of a story book" she joked

Just then Kayla walked in with the bouquet "the maid of honor is in the building!!!!" she shouted and I took this as my chance to go out and see how the preparations were  coming along.

"AVA'S POV"

Kyla came in with her usual energy and I went from crying to laughing, she's such a free spirit

"so are you ready to be bound for life with my boring brother?"

"well the moon goddess sort of sealed that deal for us a while back don't you think"

"damn right.. There's no getting away now, you're ours for life Luna" she did a curtsy

"uhh no... You belong somewhere else Missy"

"Yea yea I know.. Just let me enjoy this time with you please afterwards I'll be on my way"

"you're leaving?" I suddenly felt my heart break a bit

"yes, I'm joining Liam's pack day after tomorrow... It's scary but I'm excited"

"don't worry, they seem like nice people and no doubt Liam loves you, he will do anything for you"

"it scares me Ava, what you went through with Xander, I don't know how you survived. I don't know what I'd.."

I cut her off "hey, don't think like that. What happened to Xander isn't destined to happen to everyone else. And should you meet hard times just know I'll always be there for you, whatever you need. Nothing in this life is straight forward Kayla, I kind of learned that when you and Xander came into my life but trust me, it's all worth it. Besides, the only pain you might deal with is Thomas"

We both laughed at the thought of him "gosh I'll die from just seeing him everyday, he's such a pain"

"I know, but hey atleast he is friends with your dad"

"that did not stop him from tormenting you... But enough about him, let's get you to your groom before he loses it"

I took one last look at myself, I loved mermaid dress it hugged me so well and made me feel like a princess, the veil was also long with flower patterns and my hair was tied in a bun, I had diamond earrings matching the necklace and wore the bracelet that Xander gave to me on my birthday. My mark was also on full display, something I know Xander will love.

Now it was time to go get hitched

* Xander's POV*

I was waiting anxiously for my mate to arrive, I don't cope well under serious nerve wrecking situations and this was one of them. I'm an alpha  I fight, I adress my pack all the time and I give orders but here I was feeling nervous.

I couldn't wait to see Ava, to say our vows, to kiss her, to be confirmed as husband and wife although technically we already were bound. It was just important for us to seal our love the human way too.

I stood there with my best friend Dylan and he saw how nervous I was "wow, a whole alpha, nervous... Now I've seen it all"

"shut up"

He chuckled, careful not to get people's attention on us "do you think she ran?"

"do you want to continue breathing?" I shot back

"believe me, if she wanted to run she would have done so the first time you shifted with no warning"  ok now he was blabbing

" Are you trying to be funny or are you you on a suicide mission" I glared

"ok geez, breathe"

"sorry man. I'm just... Nervous"

"and you're also admitting it... Wow man, you're whipped" he laughed

"and you're one minute away from never meeting your mate"

He took that as a cue to shut up, just then it went quiet and Kayla walked in, when she reached where I was the piano started and everybody stood up. I felt my heart race and my wolf went crazy when her scent became more and more stronger.

Ava had asked my dad to walk her down the isle and he gladly obliged. They had built a father daughter relationship, they had grown close during my time away.

When I saw them it felt like my world stopped, the beauty that was before me, she was breath taking and mine, all mine. My father handed her to me when they got to the from and I could tell she was holding in her tears

"tears of joy I hope" I mindlinked her

"Yea, and that im hungry" she joked

The ceremony started, and the officiating officer whose also a member of the pack proceeded. We chose not to write down our vows instead we spoke from our hearts and I went first

"Ava, from the moment I laid eyes on you I knew you'd be mine forever, even though at first I tried staying away I just couldn't. From then you've brought nothing but light and love into my life, you make it brighter with each smile and sweeter with each kiss. I promise to love you for as long as I shall live. Even if I fall into a coma for months I'll still love you" I joked "I promise to cherish and respect you, to listen, to understand and to support you in your dreams" I said as I remembered how how hard balancing her studies has been on her "I promise to always treat you like the queen that you are, to bow to no one else but you because an Alpha only bows to his Luna"

"Luna Ava, now it's your turn" the officiator said

"Xander, I don't even know where to begin" she laughed trying to fight off the tears "When I met you, I couldn't describe the feeling, it was wonderful and scary at the same time. Two years ago I never even knew your kind existed so my life quickly turned to be like one found in story books but today I'm happy to be writing my story, our story together, I promise to love you always, in all seasons, to stand by you and to be your place of comfort. I promise to listen, to respect and to be your number one cheerleader because damn your job is hard" at this we both laughed.

At the end of it all the official continued "By the power vested allow me to introduce Mr and Mrs Xander Knott"

And that was it, the story of how a human girl was paired with a werewolf alpha. The love of my life, my Luna. Ava Knott