It started with a trip downtown

Four years ago today marks the beginning of the Septic Ego Downfall. The day that one perticular ego going by the name of Samsepticeye, or Sam for short, was first found attacking Attitude City. Reports have found that Sam was severly injured several hours before the attack.
"I swear, he was the first one to attack."
More information is yet to be found on Sam's strike.

-------------

He wondered around the city, searching for his closest friend. Sam brushed back his light green hair, looking up into the sky. Sunlight shone onto his tanned skin, and his black t-shirt.

"There you are!" Sam turned to see his brother.
"Marvin? What are you doing here?"
The magic ego stepped towards him. "There's something Hen wanted to ask you..."
"Ok?" He followed Marvin to their apartment.

Henrik paced up and down his lab, looking down at the knife.
"Vhy can't I find anything!?" He slams his fist on his desk.

"Henrik, maybe you should calm down-"
"Jackie, zis could be dangerous if I don't figure out vhat it is."
The hero looks away, hovering near the table.
"This thing is really weird, huh?"
"Yes. Sam said he found it somevhere in an alleyvay..."

Sam opens the door to Henrik's lab. "Hey Hen. Did you need me for anything?"

----------

The dark ego doesn't respond. "A-Anti?"
He looks up. "You... You mean me?"
Does he not know his own name?
"Y-Yeah-"

Jack was interrupted by a strange noise coming from their house. It sounded like... screeching? Crying? He didn't really know. All he knew was that it wasn't good.
Everyone else seemed to notice it too, Chase being the first one to run towards it.