FOUR

"Merlin!" I cried out, sitting myself up, breathing in and out fast again just like always every time I have a nightmare. Looking around, I saw that I was in the middle of the woods, already morning. The young man who I called out looked at me worriedly, yet he looks relieved seeing me alive. It felt weird and frightening of seeing the real Merlin and the other Merlin inside my dream for a split second.

He scoot himself even more closer to me and had me in his arms, calming me down by petting my back gently and reassuringly. It worked, but I knew it wouldn't feel the same since Merlin forgot about our past. I was still grateful, though, but sad at the same time.

"I-I had a nightmare about you," I said, burying my face into his chest and hugged his figure like how I always do when we had those lovely fun times together in a sleepover.

I heard Merlin sigh and pulled me away gently to stare at me with his frowning, sad face. "About that day... I apologize if I hurt you by those words. But, really, I don't know what you meant by—"

"Save it. I thought that'd be the last time we'd talk about it." I mumbled and stood up, walking away from him again just like how I did before. The thing that I did notice for a second was that, Red's body seemed different, and she reminds me of my friend that I was suppose to visit before Merlin and I had found each other from that day.

Merlin groaned as he cursed at himself and I could feel him standing up, catching up with me and making the others wake up, watching our scene from a far.

third person

(Y/n) felt like a coward when running away from him again. She thought, maybe that's why he left and forgot about me- no... about us?

As Merlin grabbed her wrist, he eventually turned her around to face him. It was just like repeating their own actions from that day, but no, (y/n) or neither Merlin didn't want that. They both didn't want to end it gloomy between them.

The first one to act was (y/n) as she placed her hands on his shoulder, leaning him down and their face was close, her finally exclaiming everything out about a year of her madnesses and sadnesses.

"Can't you remember, Merlin!? You and I were a pair! How could you not remember that? You left me all alone for a whole damn year, and you're acting like you don't remember all those things we had before? Are you insane!? Am I too clingy? Am I just... not enough to you?" Her harsh tone slowly became a soft one in conclusion, looking down to the ground and felt like the whole atmosphere she was feeling was crushed by an asteroid. Her eyes were tearing up and she felt like dying after saying all those words to her love of life.

The young man in front of her wasn't expecting for her to go relentless towards him. He shut his eyes close and dig deeper in to his memories. This extra curse was weak, but it wasn't strong too. It just needed a perfect time for it to cure— for him to actually realized how lost he was with the extra curse, how rotten he felt like when thinking about anything else but (y/n), how... broken he was deep inside for the whole year.

Thus far, (y/n) thought Merlin didn't bother to reply to her anymore. Giving her life up just for love, she removed her hands from his shoulder and created a fist, biting her bottom lip to avoid making herself look like a weak human being and sobbing.

Little did she know, once Merlin had dig in far - more than enough - inside his mind, his world lightened up. For 365 days or more, he never felt this happy and miserable at the same time. He finally remembered everything. Their cheerful and delightful days came back inside to his mind. He had finally got his extra curse fully cured.

"Right... of course, all of it is true. You don't need to push yourself on pitying m—"

Cutting (y/n)'s words off, he grabbed her by the waist and pressed his lips onto hers lovingly, making the girl that he was kissing widened her eyes and all her tears to stream. The kiss showed that he had always miss, care, and loved her since the beginning, and how he wished to not get the poor, depressing curse that made her feel broken like this. 

Without any hesitation, (y/n) responded to his kiss by deepening it more, clinging her arms around his neck.

Their heart was linked again. Their warmth was there for each other again.

They never wanted to pull away, but as their lungs needed air, (y/n) was first to pull away, and she immediately stared at the ground.

As the two breathed, Merlin frowned but had his smile on, raising his love of life's chin up with his index finger. He stared at how beautiful she is, even when she cries. "I remember everything. I remember every single detail of us."

That made (y/n) happily smile, feeling his thumb wiping her tears away gently.

(Y/n) looked down once more, saying, "I'm sorry if I wasn't good enough to make you remember about me earlier."

Merlin shook his head and cupped her cheeks, raising her head up again and made her stare at his brown eyes. "No. It's not you, honey. Another curse was inside me," He says and kissed his love's forehead. "You're more than enough, and I would never trade you for anything else in this world."

She smiled when hearing that. The regrets inside her heart had left her, all of her nightmares that she didn't mean to collect inside her head had vanished. Everything about him had made all of her negative side and thoughts fade away.

Not wasting anymore time, she had pulled him in for a kiss again. And, this time, it was more sloppier and longer than before.

Their forgotten love has been a history and a past, and for their next journey, it'd be a mystery that they'll face together.