FIVE

As the pair walked towards where 'Red' and the others are, Merlin and (y/n) had notice that she was gone.

The young man had forgotten to tell (y/n) something about the tragedy earlier when she drowned. When he made himself and his lover to face each other, he sighed and said, "Red Shoes is actually Snow White..."

(Y/n) gasped. "She's Snow White this whole time? She's my friend!" She exclaimed out happily and yanked Merlin's hand to come with her.

Merlin smiled at this, interlocking his hand with hers as they walked to the forest once more, finding where the other young woman is. They saw the bunny following them from behind, but they didn't mind as they felt like a family. Even when they both held hands like before, (y/n) can't help but blush. She never felt flustered just by this, but since a year passed without her having this type of affection, she had to restart with Merlin once more, way back to the beginning.

When the two saw a copy of Merlin's dwarf form, (y/n) glanced at her real lover that was beside her, having the same reaction. They did notice that Snow was holding an apple and was about to take a bit of it. "Snow?"

They all saw Merlin's duplicate gasp seeing (y/n) appeared, as 'he' looked at her from the bottom to the top. Groaning, the duplicate of Merlin's dwarf soon turned into a lady that didn't age very bad. She glared at (y/n) and saw the real Merlin turned into a dwarf. Right, his main curse hasn't been cured yet.

"How are you that beautiful even when you didn't steal anything from me?" The lady asked (y/n) and Snow gasped when realizing that it was Queen Regina.

Merlin smirked and pointed at his own lover with his dwarf hands. "Because she's a goddess" was what he said.

"Whatever. I guess I'll take the two of you, then!" Said Regina as she yanked (y/n)'s hand and Snow's at the same time, making Merlin panic. He was frustrated of why can't the lady just come over tomorrow when he experienced a good moment with (y/n) earlier for the very first time after a year.

"(Y/n)!"

"Merlin!"

She disappeared with Queen Regina, and Merlin had hoped the woman wouldn't touch or harm her in any way. Same goes to Snow.

-

"So... you've been Snow White this whole time, huh?" Asked (y/n) as they were both tied up on the tree. Hearing Snow sigh and felt her nodding her own head, (y/n) smiled and glanced at her. "I know I'm telling this to you late, but, you're beautiful. Just the way you are."

That statement made Snow smile at her, very grateful that having a friend like (y/n) is her luckiest gift. When she was about to say something, Regina had came and handled an apple on her hand, smirking and showing it to the two. The two girls didn't feel safe and assure at all by the apple, but when the door was opened and revealed the magic mirror's tree branch holding Merlin in his dwarf form made them shocked, especially (y/n).

Looking at the apple, (y/n) knew this was for Snow's and Merlin's best. She was scared to see the queen touching either of them.

"I'll eat it! But promise me and make sure you let these two go." She exclaimed out and Merlin had his eyes widened, shaking his head and desperately tried to talk through the cloth that was wrapped around his mouth, trying to tell her not to eat it, but was too late.

Snow wanted to barge in and take the apple, but Regina already laughed and felt pleased. "Sacrificing to save your little friend and lover boy, huh? How adorable. That face of yours isn't bad, too, as a normal girl." Said Regina as (y/n) took the apple from her hand, giving an apology look to Merlin and Snow. "Take a big bite of it and they'll head off, not really."

As she took a bite of the apple, not small or big, she felt horrible afterwards. Merlin screamed (y/n)'s name out several times through the cloth and Snow glared at Regina.

What can they say? She couldn't let anyone that she cares and love to get hurt. No one can blame her for being like that.

The so called 'queen' laughed historically and stared at (y/n) who was going through nausea and dizziness. "Now that you've taken a bite of the apple, I take all of my words back! Haha! You'll be in a different room from these two so that you can die alone in a few more moments!" Said Regina out loud, glancing at the dwarf behind her as she saw Merlin's eyes were already watery.

Blacking out, (y/n)'s full of old, happy, bright memories with Merlin that she wouldn't forget about had faded in. All of these memories throughout their times being together;

6 months"Merlin, don't scare me like that ever again!" (Y/n) laughed when continuing on making their dinner.

The young man laughed and hugged the girl from the back, placing his chin on top of her shoulder and started whispering sweet things to her that made her send sparks down onto her spine, especially when he kisses her cheeks, jawline, and neck.

12 months "My gosh, Merlin! The sweets aren't even placed down inside the jar yet,"

"Sorry, princess, you wouldn't let me kiss your sweet lips all day so that's why I'll just steal these that you made love with."

"Haha. very funny you big baby. Come here and I'll give you a kiss on the forehead,"

"Nope! My lips are more valuable, and it needs your kisses to keep it smile as always!!"

1 year, 4 months "have you ever thought about us in 10 years later?" She asked when they both laid down on a carpet that Merlin had placed down to stargaze.

"Of course. You and I would already have wonderful kids, bright life, and great sweets that you make to serve our family in the future."

1 year, 8 months "good morning, sugarlips! Ready to marry me in the future that awaits for our presence together?"

"You're adorable, Merlin. My prince Merlin."

2 years somewhere inside the village, (y/n) crouched down and boop a kid's nose after she helped him finding his mother. Merlin watched her interacting with the kid from a distance, melting at the scene and was lovestruck all over her repeatedly at how she's good with children and everything.

Seeing her being this motherly made him thought about the future for several times already, thinking of how amazing she'd look - as always - on a new apron, carrying a kid on her left/right hand in the kitchen and tought them her ways on how she cooks the best foods for him and their kid.

and so, on her birthday "okay, honey, when I say take off your blindfold, you'll see something that's very romantic for your birthday." Said Merlin as he secretly chuckled, seeing (y/n) getting all thrilled and was smiling adorably. He decided to celebrate hers late at night before the day passes.

"... open it."

(Y/n) took her blindfold off slowly and she gasped, seeing the things that Merlin has done for her birthday. In front of her view, it was the perfect view of the village from a far, a tent that was enough for them to sleep at and a (favorite color) carpet right in front of it, a basket that was filled with gifts along with food, each of them having several romantic notes on it that Merlin wrote.

"This is amazing, Merlin. You really do know how to make my birthday really special," she said and tiptoed herself as she pecked his lips. After she was done pecking his lips, she didn't have any time to step back as Merlin had already caged her and pressed his lips onto hers firmly, making the peck that she gave to him into a real, longer, hungry kiss.

"Merlin, you have done everything for me throughout these days and years, so... can I try making you feel like you're flying towards the moon?"

"Heh... I'd like to see you try, honey."

The memories then faded away, as it felt like her head was only on about it for a few minutes, but her blacking out was longer than that.

Hearing voices that echoed into her ears, she knew that it was Merlin's voice.