Chapter 2: Nicky

Putting her phone back in her pocket, she walked back into the small house she was currently sharing with Nicky. She could hear the floor in the kitchen being scrubbed the moment she walked in. Nicky was on his knees with an old-fashioned looking brush, moving around bloody water on the flagstones. His knuckles were red raw and bleeding.

"Hey, Nicky," she said, but he didn't remotely respond to her, so she walked up to him and placed a hand on his shoulder.

At this he stilled.

"I need your help with something," she told him.

Almost immediately she was rewarded with wide, grey eyes looking at her in an unsettling, non-blinking way.

"Come on," she said, smiling at him as if this was all perfectly normal, "the floor's plenty clean. I need you for something else, okay?"

He blinked once and, for a second, she thought she might have jogged him out of wherever his brain was at the moment, but it turned out that was it.

"My feet are killing me," she said, going with Joe's suggestion, "and this immortal gig is great, but it can't shift that final ache. Think you can help me out."

Nicky dropped the scrubbing brush with ridiculous speed and stood up.

"Okay," Nile continued, taking charge, "let's get your knuckles rinsed off, because I don't think we want to leave blood across the house."

She gently led him across the room to the sink and he followed her direction without comment. His knuckles were already almost healed as she held first one hand, then the other under the running tap for a few moments. The rubbed raw skin was all but perfect by the time she was done and drying them on the cloth on the side.

Taking his hand, she led him into the tiny, old fashioned sitting room with the incongruous flat screen TV in the corner. She popped herself down on the couch and patted the seat next to her. Hence is was a bit disconcerting when Nicky knelt down in front of her. She was wearing boots, because old habits died hard, and he set about unlacing them with a focus that was kind of disturbing.

"Well, okay," she said and decided to just let him get on with it.

By the time Nicky had ever so gently loosened her laces and removed her boots from each foot with the care of a mother looking after a child, she was beginning to feel kind of special. She couldn't help wondering what it was like for Joe when all of Nicky's attention was on him. However, she forgot any remotely deep thoughts the moment Nicky pulled one of her feet into his lap, pulled off her sock and pushed a thumb against the base of her big toe.

The moan was totally beyond her control as she kind of melted.

Joe had not been kidding when he'd said Nicky had talented hands.

It took her all of thirty seconds to forget that she was doing this for Nicky as her bones turned to water and she sank further into the couch. Her vocalisations really were out of her hands as her body reacted to Nicky's touch like it was opium. Possibly she's been craving human contact other than the odd hug more than she had anticipated.

Nicky said not a solitary word, but he was clearly listening and watching her, because every time he found a spot that made her melt a little more, he made sure he focused on it for a while. Nile might have mentally described the whole experience as magical, although she did manage to keep that observation to herself.

When he finished her feet, he moved on to her calves. Before he could move up any further, she managed to put the brain power together to head him off, at least for now.

"Y'know," she said, wiggling her shoulders, "my neck and back have been complaining I don't give them enough love."

Nicky looked at her for a moment with barely a blink, as if processing that, before he stood up, pulled the blanket off the back of the couch and spread it over the rug on the floor. He followed this up by grabbing one of the cushions, putting it on the blanket and waited. Nile took the hint.

She climbed off the couch, shedding her jacket as she went and laid down on the blanket face down, with the cushion under her head and neck. Any feelings of awkwardness evaporated as soon as Nicky went to work on her shoulders. It appeared she really was carrying some tension around, because she went non-verbal for a good few minutes.

As Nicky put her neck, back and shoulders in order she couldn't help wondering if he'd been trained in massage, because she'd had a few in her time, it had been a favourite treat for downtime for her and her girlfriends, or if practice just made perfect. Either way she was pretty sure she died a little.

It was when he reached the base of her spine that she realised the massage wasn't just relaxing her. As she shifted a little, she realised she was unmistakably wet. She buried her face in the cushion and prayed for something, she wasn't sure what.

When Nicky massaged her buttocks, she bit the cushion to stop the debauched sounds that wanted to come out of her mouth. Luckily for her he moved on to her thighs and worked all the way down her legs for her again. It was lovely, even if she was now hideously aware she was as aroused as hell.

When he ever so gently urged her to turn over, the fact she wasn't wearing a bra under her thin shirt, and her nipples could take someone's eye out was all too obvious. She saw Nicky's gaze focus on her breasts for a second with that same blank stare, more like he was cataloguing than ogling, before he started on her arms instead.

Nile lay back and went with the flow.

She was resigned to being a puddle of her former self. Except, of course, for her nipples, which were clearly aiming for bullet status. She gave up being embarrassed, it just wasn't worth it.

Nicky moved back down her body to her legs and worked his fingers in circles over her right thigh. When his index finger ever so gently slid just a fraction too high, she realised that was the only kind of question she was going to get. He wasn't looking at her, but there was tension in his stance that hadn't been there before.

Lifting her leg slightly, Nile parted her thighs and let him continue.

When he touched her this time it was still light and teasing, but much more deliberate. She gasped at the tiny shots of delight the attention sent through her body. It had been too long.

His fingers moved with the confidence of someone who definitely knew their way around the female anatomy. Nile couldn't help wondering who, when, how. Probably Andy, maybe others over the years. Nicky seemed to pick up just what she liked, what made her wetter and more aroused, as he petted her through her clothes.

God he was good.

His fingers rubbed deep between her legs and his thumb stroked over her clit through her pants. It shouldn't have been as amazing as it was, but it was undoing her from her pussy out. Nicky reached up with his other hand, cupping her breast through her shirt, lightly pinching her strainingly-hard nipple. That was it. That was all it took, and she gasped, hips tilting off the floor as her orgasm ricocheted through her.

"Fuck," was about the most eloquent she could manage as she rode out the high with quivering shakes.

Nicky didn't stop stroking until she finally relaxed back to the blanket.

Her panties were so wet she was sure she had to have soaked all the way through her yoga pants too. Maybe that was why when Nicky carefully hooked his fingers in her waistband, she simply lifted up for him to take both off in one move. Then again, maybe it was just because she was too far gone to care anymore.

She glanced at Nicky's crotch, she couldn't help it, and it was all too obvious Joe had been right. There wasn't even the slightest bulge. Nicky wasn't remotely aroused, but he was very, very focused on her.

He lay down along her side so his head was level with her breasts, and his fingers went back to stroking her ever so gently. She could feel him watching, listening, learning, and she gave up holding anything back. She moaned, long and low as he mouthed her nipple through the cloth of her shirt as he slid his fingers either side of her very well lubricated clit.

He hadn't even gotten his fingers inside her yet and she was a quivering wreck. She couldn't help trembling in anticipation at what might come next.