River (boyxboy)

River

(Going to Midfield)

“They’re back together,” I whispered to myself as I watch Titus and Aden walk by, hand in hand out of the eating chamber. They really were the perfect couple. I don’t know why I ever thought they wouldn’t figure things out. 

I curled up in the corner and waited for the rest of the upper rank wolves to clear out before I could go in and see what was left. One by one they passed by without even a second look my way, many with their mates on their arm. I wanted so badly to have what they did. I give anything to have a strong male wrap me up in his arms and actually love me. 

Finally when the last person had left, I filed in with the rest of the omegas. I stayed clear of everyone else. We might have the same rank, but they were all strong than me and instead of depending on a dominate to claim them, they wanted to get stronger and increase their rank that way if they could. I didn't have the option. It either be taken as a mate or spend the rest of my life struggling to stay alive as an omega.

I sat down in the corner and shifted in my wolf. My fur was so dirty, it didn’t surprise me that no one wanted me. It wasn’t my fault though; I tried to look nice from the other males, and they did notice, but they weren’t interested in loving me, so I got thrown around a lot. 

The Alpha was helping out a little since he noticed I wasn’t completely unfortunate looking. He started punishing anyone who tried to take advantage of me, but it still happened. The Alpha couldn’t be everywhere.

I used my teeth to gnaw off the little amount of meat I found. It looked like I probably be going to bed hungry tonight. The upper ranked wolves didn’t leave much behind.

“River!”

I jumped and nearly toppled into a pile of bones. The other omega cleared a path as Darius walked towards me. My wolf could already tell he would be my next Alpha. I lowered my head to the ground and try to think if I had done anything wrong that day. 

“Come with me. The Alpha wants to see you.”

I nodded and slowly rose to my feet. He snatched my arm and dragged me away. My mind was spinning, going over everything I had the past couple of days. Maybe someone had saw me at the hot pools, or I had accidentally appeared defiant to a dominate. I never mean to; I’d just start thinking about things and forget to pay them the proper respected when they walked by me. That must have been it and if I apologize maybe the Alpha will forgive me and not punish me to harshly. 

Darius shoved me forward into the Alpha’s room. He sat with his mate, who turned up her nose at me before kissing the Alpha on the cheek and going back to her room. She wasn’t allowed to talk to me, so I wasn't surprised.

“River.” The Alpha motioned me over. “Come sit.”

I slowly walked forward and sat down where he had indicated. I could feel his gaze on me, but I didn’t dare look up. The one punishment I had received from the Alpha was the worse pain I had ever experience, and it had only been for a day. 

“You remember the picture we took couple weeks ago?”

“The one with the box,” I whispered. “Alpha.” I quickly added the last part and pulled my limbs in close. My tail even found it’s way into my lap.

“Yes, we’ll I had them sent to a city pack, and they insisted that I bring you when we go to visit them.”

“Like a mate?” I said, looking up for the first time.

“Maybe, if you impress someone while you’re there,” the Alpha replied with a smile. “We leave tomorrow, so go get yourself cleaned up and come back here. I ordered some clothes for you to wear. We’ll be leaving rather early, and I don’t want to have to come find you in the morning, so you’ll be sleeping here.”