River (Meeting a Potential Mate)

River

(Meeting a Potential Mate)

The car pulled up to the house, and I wanted to go home. I had never been inside a house before and I already knew I didn’t belong in such an expensive looking place. No one that lived there would want a mountain wolf like me. 

Seeing the others get out of the car, I did as well, not wanting to anger the Alpha. I fell in line behind them really just hoping I might not be noticed by anyone. We entered the house and while Aden was admiring everything I felt terrified. Alpha hadn’t been lying when he said they were rich. I understood the concept of money in the human world and this must have cost a future. More than the government would ever spend on my pack. 

“Aden,” said Titus.

The white haired boy ran back to his mate, and we ascended the stairs 

“Xavier,” said one of the three males standing at the top of the stairs. 

I looked up for a moment to an older-looking man with two young males standing beside him. One with black hair and the other with brown. My wolf could tell they were both powerful wolf with a lot of influence in the pack. The taller one with brown hair made eye contact with me. I noticed how beautiful his green eyes were before I came back to reality and realized I was staring at a dominate. I lowered my head and sunk behind Titus and the Alpha.

“Carlos,” said the Alpha. “You know Titus and this is his new mate Aden. Aden this is Carlos, the Alpha and his second son David,” he pointed to a boy with black hair. “And Troy, the Beta’s second son.” 

“I was kind of hoping you’d be the one they were bringing as my potential mate,” said David.

I felt the small hope of finding a mate disappear, and the pain of rejection already making its way into my heart. 

“Sorry, Dave. He’s taken,” said Titus.

“Titus,” Aden snapped, slapping his hand. “Don’t.”

“He’s a fiery little thing,” said Carlos. “Wasn’t expecting that with the hair.”

I slowly raised a hand to my golden hair. It looked so much better than usual today. It was bright and soft but nothing would really compare to Aden beautiful white hair. 

“He has red marking,” said Xavier. “Show them Aden.”

I looked over at see the white and red wolf, I wished I could trade places with, even if it was only for a day, appeared next to Titus. I just wanted to know what it felt like to have someone care about me.

“He’s gorgeous,” said David.

Aden’s tail curled around his leg and all the dominates were gloating over him. It was a lost cause there was no point in me even being here. The Alpha’s son wanted a white wolf not some yellowish brown garbage like me. 

“Hope I’ll find one as beautiful as yours,” said David.

“Nope, Aden one of a kind.” 

I could hold it in any longer. The tears began to pour from my eyes. I bit my lip to stay silent and just let my tears drip off the end of my chin. David would never chose me, and I’d be an omega for the rest of my life.

David laughed. “Come on, I’ll show you to your room.” 

I heard them walk away and nearly fell to the floor. He hadn’t even noticed me. The Alpha hadn’t even introduced me to him or at least let him know I was there. I was never getting a mate; I was going to die alone as the community sub.