River (My Mate)

River 

(My Mate)

I crawled out of the bushes and wiped my dripping fur out of my eyes. Mud dripped down my face as I fell to my knees and started to sob. Alpha was going to be so mad at me; I had failed him and the pack. 

“River thank god.” Aden appeared at my side and took me in his arm. 

I fell into the arm embrace just wanting someone to take away the pain. “T-they didn’t w-want me,” I wept. “No o-one wants me.” Pulling him close to me, I cried on his shoulder. “I just w-want a mate,” I breathed. “I don’t care who. I-I just want someone.”

“Ah, River.” He tucked his head under my chin and just rocked me. “Don’t cry River. It would be okay. We’ll find you a mate.”

I took a few deep breathed, trying to calm down. 

“Want to go inside?” 

I nodded and try to smile. “Thanks Aden,” I whispered, wiping my face and managing to stand on shaking legs. 

Aden quickly stood and clasped my hand. It made me feel good to have him there. I knew he wouldn’t hurt him like the others. He led me inside,  and I did my best to stay quiet, not wanting to be a bother. 

“Do you know where you’re room is?” I asked, once we were inside.

I shook my head when I remember what Alpha was going to do to me when he found me. “Alpha’s going to be mad at me.” The tears started to fall again. “I failed. He going to be so m-mad.” My legs gave out, and I crumbled to the floor. I could already feel the Alpha’s toxins flood my body.

Aden did his best to calm me down before helping my to my feet and leading me down the hall. We stopped at a door I didn’t recognize, and I froze as Titus’s scent filled my nose. I couldn’t go in there. 

“Come on,” he whispered, pulling me forward

“Titus will get mad,” he whimpered, scared to step a foot into that room. 

“No he won’t, or I’ll never forgive him.”

I trusted Aden not to let anything bad happen to me so I cautiously entered. My eyes never left the large mound lying in the bed as Aden dragged me across the room and into the bathroom. He slipped into a glass shower while I hovered at the door. I just knew at any moment Titus was going to wake up and beat the piss out of me for being near his mate.

“Get in before you freeze to death,” said Aden.

Bowing his head, I slipped inside. Aden had helped me this far so I might as well return the favor by doing as he says. I heard someone walk up behind me and I nearly panicked. Sinking into the corner, I watched a naked Aden fiddle with the nozzles. Titus was going to kill me. He was going to rip me to shreds and leave me somewhere to die with his toxins draining my life.

“It’s alright River.” He grabbed my hand and move me under the stream of water. 

I felt his hand begin to scrub the mud from my fur. Too scared to even move, I just let him do as we wanted. Once we were both clean, he turned off the shower. 

“Shake off all the water in here. Okay?” Aden stepped out and closed the door. 

I shook off, sending water flying everywhere. At least this time I wouldn’t have to mop of the floor.

Opening the door, I crept out still unsettled about being here. 

He held a towel out for me. “This will be easier if you shift.”