15.Ore

That hole in D-Strucks cave,became his own place for the tools to do their work.
D-Strucks could roll in easily. Scaffolding and ramps filled the walls for better access to areas that needed repairs.
  D-Strucks himself was more talkative lately."Skrap-It,have you found any ore deposits on your runs for scrap?" the T-trux asked. Skrap-It thought for a moment,"Well,now that you mention it,(twitch) I do remember smelling some near the mountain edge."
Drill-It looked to the T-trux,"Yes,I do remember smelling some there.It was faint and in the ground a few meters from a scrap pile we found."
D-Strucks grumbled and began to roll.Headed down the ramp of the cave he yelled out,"Come on! Show me." The two tools ran after him.
  Headed towards the mountains.It was a long way there.Well at least for the tools it was."D-Strucks!" Skrap-It yelled out,"Could you maybe,(twitch) slow down a little bit?"
The two tools panted and came up beside D-Strucks as he came to a stop.The T-trux glared at them and sighed softly,"Get on."
Skrap-It nearly squealed as he climbed aboard D-Strucks.Sitting atop of his leg or roller.Drill-It hesitated but Skrap-It's eyes called him up.He smiled and climbed aboard the trux,as D-Strucks began to roll towards the mountain side.
  The three came upon a huge mountain,it was impossible to climb over.To many steep edges and sharp rocks.Around the bottom was a great many trees and water slowly trickling down into a pond nearby.The sight was nice for Drill-It to see.He did miss all the outdoor colors.
"There! Over there!" Skrap-It yelled out.D-Strucks lifted his head high to smell the area.Yes he did smell ore that direction.However he looked just ahead of him at the mountain side,"The smell is stronger over there," D-Strucks replied.
Skrap-It twitched,"Oh,well follow your nose mighty leader(twitch)."
D-Strucks let out a breathy chuckle and rolled forwards.Sniffing at the flat surface of the wall D-Strucks thought out loud,"Hmn,I smell it here strongest but it's-" he stopped talking and the tools looked curiously at each other,"Uhm, D-Strucks," Drill-It called out,"I don't smell any ore here.If we tools can't smell it then that means the ore must be pretty deep in this wall."D-Strucks didn't bother to look at the reptool as he spoke.He grumbled and said,"You two might wanna back away for this."
  Skrap-It looked at Drill-It and both quickly climbed down off of D-Strucks.Headed to a rock nearby to perch themselves on so they could watch.
D-Strucks backed up and charged the wall,spinning himself and slamming his wrecking claw into the rock surface.A small crack appeared and D-Strucks struck it again.Rocks came tumbling down from the hard surface and piled onto the ground.D-Strucks rolled back expecting it to collapse but the wall still stood firm.A smaller crater was all D-Strucks had made.The dark T-trux sniffed into the crater and he smelled it stronger,"Tools! Come here."
They did as told and came over.
To their surprise, D-Strucks lent his head down close to the floor,"Get on," he said.
Skrap-It shook a moment but he climbed on.Again,Drill-It hesitated but he too climbed atop of D-Strucks' head.
  The T-trux lifted his head high to reach the crater he had made,"Anything?" he asked.
The two tools lifted their heads to smell into the crater,"Yes,I do smell something now.But it's still very faint,"Drill-It spoke out.Skrap-It twitched and replied,"Yeah,same here."
D-Strucks growled at the thought and he rolled over to the rock the tools had perched on earlier before.Leaning down for them climb off and onto the rock.They did and D-Strucks returned to the crater he had made.Sniffing and trying to find a weaker spot.
The two tools looked to one another and sighed,"I wonder if there's anything we could do?" Skrap-It said aloud.
  A green reptool appeared beside them,"Maybe we can help?"Skrap-It twitched at the sight of Revit and turned around to see Tye and the rest of the trux coming their way.
He yelled out and D-Strucks turned to see them.
Drill-It hugged Revit and asked"Hey,what are you guys doing here?"
The green reptool smiled and said,"TonTon said he smelt some ore over there but Tye said he smelled something better this way.I assume D-Strucks smelled it too?"
Drill-It spun his bits,"Yeah,But that wall is thick and really,really, hard to break."
Skrap-It hadn't said a word till now,"Yeah, D-Strucks was (twitch) trying to break through it but the rock is just to hard for him alone."
Tye rolled up near the tools and D-Strucks did too.Both T-trux faced each other and the darker trux growled first,"What are you doing here,Tye?"
Tye looked around D-Strucks,noticing the little crater he made,"Tell you what D-Strucks.How about we help you dig out whatever is behind that wall and you give us a share?"
D-Strucks glanced behind him at the little progress he'd made and then to his two tools,who pleaded with him with their eyes.D-Strucks grumbled but said aloud for all to hear,"Get to work!"
  Two T-trux leading the dig.With them slamming their wrecking balls against that rock together, they made quite the force and cracked the hard rock more then they ever could alone.TonTon caught some of the falling rocks in his bed,tossing them away from the scene.Dozer let his blade loose and scraped away all left over pebbles on sight.Tye and D-Strucks lifted bigger and heavier rocks up for Skya to grab hold of and carry away.
  Finally they broke through the hard rock and found the softer part of the mountain.The two T-trux looked to behold a wall of solid dirt and gravel.D-Strucks sniffed the dirt,the smell was stronger then ever now."We're close,"he said quietly.
Tye chuckled,"Well then,let's dig it up!"
  Both T-trux grabbed mouth fulls of earth and unloaded it into TonTons bed.He proceed to toss it into a pile nearby.
The other trux stood by to watch.
The hole they had broken in was as tall as Skya and wider then both the T-trux.Fifteen feet deep into the mountain side and still going."Anything?" Yelled out Revit.
Tye looked back and said,"Almost!"
  Just as he spoke the dirt gave way.Spilling into the hole they had dug.Blocking them from the ore they so badly wanted now.
"No!" Tye yelled out,rolling backwards along with D-Strucks to avoid being buried.
D-Strucks growled,"We can't give up now."
Tye agreed,"Yeah,were to close."
Both T-trux went back to the hole and began to excavate the dirt that had nearly fallen on them.
  In moments of removing the dirt,all eyes beheld a wall that had ore running through the rock like veins.All the trux scooted in for a closer look.
The tools were amazed by the smell alone,how could they not smell it before.
Tye sniffed at the wall and said,"Hey,guys I think this might be some kind of ore vein.It smells delicious!"
  More excavating took place till eventually they had separated out two piles of ore.One for Tye's gang and one for D-Strucks'.
Tye of course had to build two trailers for the ore with scrap laying around the area.
Easily attaching to the tails of the trux.D-Strucks didn't want to pull this contraption and he growled at the sight.
Skrap-It tapped his wheel,"Hey, D-Strucks?"
D-Strucks looked down at the tool and grumbled.Rolling away from him and hooking himself onto the trailer.
Skrap-It had no idea what just happened.
Drill-It climbed onto D-Strucks' trailer full of ore and yelled out,"Thank you for the help!"
D-Strucks grumbled,rolling his eyes as he started off towards his cave.Tye and the others all yelled out,"You're welcome,Bye!"