Holding Her in My Arms

I moved away but Nora grabbed my face and pulled me down to her lips.

I felt my body melt and go stiff at the same time. I've never kissed a girl before, and the sensation going through me now made me so glad I waited for my mate to be my first kiss.

The timer kept going off, but we ignored it. Nora wrapped her arms around my head and tried to grip my short hair. I slithered my massive hands around her waist and pressed her closer to me.

Our kisses were soft and passionate. I didn't want to stop. I wanted Nora all to myself.

But what about rejecting her? Will this contact we have affect that? It's not like I'm marking her or anything. And it's not like this kiss will go farther than the kitchen.

I pulled away and noticed Nora wanting more. She was breathing heavily, and man did she look sexy and really appealing. She leaned her forehead against my hard chest. My arms wanted to rub her back or something but my brain was telling me no.

I can't take her back to my dad. He'd kill me if I tried to run for Alpha with a Luna who is a witch and not even a wolf. The whole pack would reject me.

I could stay here with Nora. Stay here and forget the pack, maybe even join the Blue Ridge Pack.

I couldn't stay with Nora even if I tried. I'd be dead because of my father. In our pack, it's against the rules to marry a human. Even if our mate is human. They'd kill me if I tried breeding with one.

"Stay ... " Nora softly said, reading my thoughts. I sighed.

"I can't."

"Why not?" She looked up at me with a scowl on her beautiful face. I moved some hair behind her ear and wanted to punch myself for making my soul mate upset.

"I'll be killed if I try to bring you back."

"I'm not going to your pack. Even if your pack were to accept me, I wouldn't want to go."

"I don't know what you have against packs or even werewolves but ... I will be killed and so will you if I mate with you." I removed my arms and placed my hands on my hips.

"The Moon Goddess gives her children soul mates so that they are happy and never alone. How can an Alpha—one little man in a big giant world—take that right from those who follow him? Isn't an Alpha supposed to look after his pack's happiness and wellbeing? How can he deny two people who are meant to love one another from being together?"

"Humans make us weak."

"You make yourselves weak. Being as big as you allow your packs to get."

I clenched my teeth and held back a growl.

"What do you have against me and my kind?"

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing. When I was fifteen, I was told I would marry a werewolf. I've studied your kind for years. I've waited for this for years. And I'm not going to end my life alone because you reject me and I'm not going to spend it in a tyrannical pack. I make my own rules. I know my rights and my freedoms. Coming from a free country, I don't ever plan to yield to a man who thinks he is over us all. That is what a werewolf Alpha is. But that is not a true Alpha. An Alpha protects. He provides. He comforts. He loves. He does not discourage. He does not place fear in his members' hearts. He does not keep them from being happy. Red, I've waited so long for you to come along, don't leave me now. And don't drag me to a place I never ever want to be."

My brown eyes bore into her's. My teeth were no longer clenched. My heart was beating fast as my cheeks were warming. My chest felt tight as well did my hands. I didn't know what to say to what she said.